3. the mall

(y/n pov)

i used my powers to find out where max lived and went to her house while hopper left for work. when i went to her house i found max on a skateboard and el watching. max fell off the skateboard and it went to me.

i stopped it and picked it up. "hi" i said to max and el. "hi?" they both said confused. "can we..talk?" i asked them. they nodded and we all went inside to i guess max's room. "and he said he miss me and then he just hung up."

i said as el sat next to me and max paced around the room. "he's a piece of shit." max said. my eyes go wide of what she said. "what?" "mike doesn't have jack shit to do today. he's nana obviously isn't sick. i guarantee you him and lucas is playing atari right now."

"but friends don't lie." me and el say at the same time. "yeah well boyfriends lie. all the time." me and el look at each other. max comes on the bed and sits by us. "your going to stop calling him. your going to ignore he's calls. as far as your concern he doesn't exist."

i eyes go wide. "doesn't exist?" "he treated you like garbage. your gonna treat him like garbage. give him the taste of he's own medicine." "give him the medicine." "mhm and if he doesn't fix this. if he doesn't explain himself. dump he's ass."

that's made me kinda scared just by him lying so i just stare at her with my eyes wide. max stood up and grabbed our hands. "come on there's more to life then stupid boys." she said. "where are we going?" el asked.

"you'll see." we all ran to this big car and got on it. when we got out of it i saw a big place with a LOT of people. me and el looked around dumb founded. "so what do you think? hey what's wrong?" max asked us. "too many people." el said. "against the rules."

i finish for her. "seriously? you guys have super powers. what's the worst to happen?" me and el look at each other and smiled. all three of us ran into the mall. me and el yet again look dumb founded by looking everywhere not knowing what to do.

"so what should we do first?" max asked us. we continued to look around. "you guys never been shopping have you?" max asked. we shake our heads no. "well then i guess we'll have to try everything." she said with a big smile. she grabbed our hands and took us to this place called 'the gap'.

me and el were touching things and looking at it till el caught her eyes on something. "do you like that?" max asked el. "how do i know..what i like?" "you just try things on. until you find something that feels like you." "like me?" "yeah. not hopper. not y/n. you."

el looks back up at it and that's when it happened. we started trying on a lot of clothes til we found things. i got this that i really like.

 i got this that i really like

(you can pick what one)

after we got our clothes we went to this place and tried these weird shoes. me and el tried walking with them but we fell which made max fall with us. as we were laughing a group of girls were looking at us like we just puked. when we were walking around the mall we found them again.

me and el decided to do something we looked at each other and hid behind a wall. we concentrated on there drinks and made it explode all over them all three of us were in a laughing fit again and ran. we went to this photo thing and did pictures we all dressed as the man was taking pictures.

"wardrobe change!" he was saying we changed into other things then continue taking pictures. when we were don't taking pictures we decided to get ice cream. "here you go here's a strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream with extra whip-cream and a f/i/c. wait are you two even supposed to be here?"

steve asked as we all looked at each other and laughed. we walk out of the mall happy. and i never seen el this happy. so it made me even more happy. and i even think i've never seen myself this happy. "wanna trade?" max asked. i took el,max took mine and el took max. when we were walking out we heard mike. "oh you got to be shitting me."

max said ask we walk up to them. "well isn't this a nice surprise." max said sarcastically. mike dropped he's bike and pointed to me and el. "what are you guys doing here?" "shopping." me and el said. "like there new style?" max said pointing at our outfits. "what is wrong with you? you know there not supposed to."

mike said. "what are we your little pet." el said. i was surprised but said the same thing. "yeah am i your pet?" "what no?" "then why do you treat me like garbage? you said nana was sick." i said following of what max said earlier. "she is she is she is." mike and lucas say.

"that's why we're here. is to get her something. and something for..you but i didn't know what suited you and i only had like 3.50$ it was expensive." mike said. "really expensive." lucas said following him and trying to help him. "you lie. why do you lie?" i said.

i heard the big car come so i thought of the only thing max said. i walked up to him with one foot in front of the other. i was face to face to him now and i know i had to do it for the best. "i dump your ass."

i said. it was quiet and max and el's face were mixed with surprise and happiness. we all three sit in the bus as max is in the middle of us. we laugh and give each other high fives.