2. lie

(y/n pov)

me and mike were on my bed making out and listening to music. we heard a soft knock. "yes?" i said as i was moving in a different spot. "uh can i talk to you two?"

hopper asked. i opened the door and he slowly walked in. i sat crisscross by mike. hopper grabbed a chair and sat on it and was just staring. he turned around  and turned off the music.

he started staring at us again so i made a face that meant he could talk. "i um i just want to talk um." he was trying to say but couldn't get it out. "uh oh i think we're in trouble." mike said.

i chuckled a bit. "uh no um no ones in trouble." hopper said. mike whispered in my ear. "after this we can take off where we were on." he said. my eyes widen but i let out a soft laugh.

i could tell hopper was getting mad and tried to hold it in. "you know what. it's your grandma." hopper said my eyes go wide cause i know how much she means to mike.

they both got out of my room and hopper went to go take mike home. so i was left alone. i figured i would go to sleep cause i was pretty tired.

time skip to next day.

i was waiting for mike outside cause he should be here. i was so focus on him coming i didn't even change my clothes or nothing. i went inside and went to the phone. "everything alright?" hopper asked.

"yes." i said while waiting for mike to answer. "hello this is the wheelers." karen said. "hi karen is mike home?" "yes he is. MIKE PHONE!!" she yelled. "hello?" mike asked. i went into my room with the phone and closed the door. "it's 9:32. where are you?"

i asked. "sorry i -i was just about to come." mike said with more of a stutter then usual. "i um. i can't see you today." mike said. this made me very confused cause he's usually able to. "why- why not?"

"it's my nana. she's very sick." "but hop said your nana was ok that  it was a false alarm?" "yeah! that's what we thought it was at first but she took a real turn for the worst." "oh." "yeah we think she might...die."

mike said. "what?" mrs. wheeler said. "MOM GET OFF THE PHONE HOW MANY TIMES!" mike yelled which scared me. "did nana call??" mrs. wheeler said. "NO MOM JUST GET. OFF. THE. PHOOONE." "sorry about that!"

mike said like nothing happened. "was that your mom?" "yeah! she's so upset that she's making no sense. cause we have to go to the nursing home to see nana." you can come over after?" "NO! i mean i- i just think i need to be alone today.. with my... feelings?"

"do you lie?" i had enough of he's bull. "what?? no! friends don't lie. what mom? ugh my moms calling me gotta go. talk to you tomorrow miss you already bye!" mike said the end at a rush. i looked at the phone confused and disappointed.

i came out of my room with the phone. i put the phone back on it's thing. "hey what's going on?" hopper asked.  i felt bad for ignoring him but i just wanted to be alone. i went back into my room and used my powers to slam my door.