SHENANIGANS ~ Chp. 4

AN: Hey people's! This is more of a chilled-out, 'shits n gigs' chapter because I just got told my tics are fake cause I don't have turrets by people I called my friends. Yeah, anyways I love and appreciate you all, thank you for being here! - Moo 💕🦋✨

~ Third person's POV ~

As Kate picked out various food items from the isle around her and Alfred read out the list with a large smile on his face, a loud bang noise was heard and multiple people screaming and running around the store.

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!!" A guy in a mask screamed at the crowd of people who were now starting to lay on the floor crying and screaming at the group of criminals not to kill them. Another bang rang through the air causing them all to drop and an eerie silence to set in with the faint sound of sniffles coming from all over. A single baby could be heard crying through something muffling it.

Katherine looked dazed and was breathing heavily as Alfred pulled her to the back of the store. She was having another one of her flashbacks, he had noticed she had when she heard loud noises and, more specifically, yelling and arguing.

"Miss Kate please look at me" He tried to get her attention. She wasn't responding.
"Miss Kate!" He whisper-yelled, still she gave no response. "I'm sorry for this" He said as he opened one of the cartons of milk and poured it onto her head, causing her to look up at him in shock.

"W-what did I-I d-do to deserve that?" She asked looking scared and scooting away from him.

"You did nothing Miss Kate, I am sorry for soaking you but you weren't responding and that usually works, with Iced water, for Bruce when his panic attacks get to hard for him to pull himself out" He says sounding guilty, "I need you to calm down and help, there are no supers around and what I'd estimate to be around 100 hostages in the building. Is there a chance you have a spell or some kind of ghost friend who could help with the situation at hand?"

"I could try using a silencing spell to call a friend who can help without being heard but I don't own a phone" She says sounding guilty.

"You can use my phone to call them but we are still visible to the criminals and could get caught, is there a chance you could make us invisible or cause a distraction with an illusion?" He asks in a serious tone.

"I can do all 3" She says confidence faint in her voice. She mutters a spell under her breath making them invisible and creates an illusion of someone attacking a guard causing the criminals to shoot at the illusion and quickly casts a muting spell around a small circle of space and dials the number on Alfreds phone, after 3 rings Bruce picks up.

"Alfred? What's wrong?" He sounds confused.

"Bruce, it's me Kate. I need your help, I know your Batman and I can explain later how I know but right now it's important you get here and help us. Get the boys and come to the shops, there is a hostage situation for a reason we are yet to understand and we need backup" She speaks as quick as she can.

"On it-WAIT WHAT, YOU KNOW?!?" He stops sounding shocked.

"LOOK. THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TIME FOR THIS BRUCE JUST HURRY UP AND COME SAVE US!!" She shouts at him.

"I- Ok" He says hanging up.

She hands a surprised looking Alfred his phone and says;

"My poltergeist friend Gary told me, I was gonna hint at it that I knew in case he had lied so I could make sure it was true before confronting you all about it, however it didn't work out" I say gesturing to the place around us. "I'm sorry for not asking, it just sounds weird when your adoptive daughter of only a few days says "Hey pop's, why didn't you say that you and my siblings are heroes who fight killers and psychopath's on a daily basis?' sounds a bit suspish don't you think?"