CH 16: You don't understand

Bright lays his body beside a sleeping figure on the bed. He looks at the person for a moment. There is inexplicable feeling inside him everytime he looks Win broke down as if he could feel the pain too.

He adjusts the blanket drapped over Win and rest his head on his own pillow with hand under it. He stares at the person who sleep curling on side, back-facing him. His mind wandered on what happen earlier.

They were in the middle of flasback story from Daddy Tay but they were suddenly interrupted by the loud scream from upstair. All of them hurriedly went to Nani's room to find out that Win screaming out of Kavin's name while Nani beside tried to calm down his phi. There was a tears pooling in his eyes. His parent in law hurriedly moved to Nani side.

He swiftly approached Win and held his moving hand on air while trying to calm him down. However Win wriggled and tried to push him anxiously. He tighten the grip more and pulled him towards him to put Win under control. Looking by this, Win could not only will hurt himself, he also could harm people close to him.

He remembered he tried about 15 minutes to calm down Win until the said person gave up in his embrace and crying heavily until he fall asleep just like that. Then he carried Win to their bedroom while assured his parent in law that he will handle this.

He lets out a sigh and looks at his hand. His hand got hurt because Win scratched it when he tried to calm down him. But it is nothing compared to the hurt that haunted Win. He still can't believe that thiss such a thing happen to this person who laying beside him. So, now he think he understand why Win becoming cold and distant like this.

Win is blaming himself for what happen to Kavin. But until when? It is because he could not let this past go that's why the nightmare now are haunted him. He feels helpless and angry at the same time. Helpless because he knows he can't do anything to help it and angry because he knows Win won't let he helps even if he wants.

He closed his eyes. There is sudden wave inside him. Tonight there is so much things reveals. His mind exhausted trying to absorb everything. He feels helpless. Seems he know nothing about this Win Metawin.

Tomorrow morning..

Bright wakes up at the sound of his alarm. His eyes instinctively moves to the person beside him but he find the place beside him empty. He placed his hand on the fabric and it feels like Win has left this room long ago.

He washes up his face and brushed his teeth quickly and stride out to downstair and make a step to the kitchen. Papa New is alone on the kitchen. There is no trace of Win or Daddy Tay.

"Papa New, morning" Bright greets politely.

"Oh.. Bright.. come here let's have breakfast"

Bright's eyes still linger around. As if Papa New what's in his mind he suddenly said: "Win has left. He left rushingly early in the morning"

"Oh.. " Bright paused for a moment. Suddenly he feels his heart uneasy. Then he turn his back away.

"Bright.. where are you going?"

"I think I would go home. I want to check on Win" Bright really means it when he says that. He don't know when but he starts to worry of Win and he can't shake off this feeling until he got to see him by himself.

New smile after looks at his son in law who really concern towards Win. "I will pack breakfast for you and Win"

"Thanks papa" Bright run to upstair to take a car key and his belongings.

He takes about 30 minutes to reach their apartment because the traffic is fine since it is still early in the morning.

He enters the apartment and find out the apartment is in pitch black. There is no light. He turn on the light and put the breakfast box on the table.