Chapter 30 - Epilogue

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After the day I saw Sunghoon's flash drive, I distanced myself from them. I focused on work and relaxation. I didn't want to think about our relationship because it only brings stress to me.

When I knew that we both love each other so much, but we also are so bad for each other. The guys, mostly Sunghoon, kept blowing my phone up. But I ignored all their messages and calls.

One day, someone rang the doorbell. I wasn't t expecting anyone, so I cautiously looked through my window to see who it is before I decide to open the door.

It was Sunghoon, standing on my doorstep. I figured that he knows I am distancing myself from them, but I didn't expect him to come here.

Even though I really wanted to see him. I didn't open the door. I watched as he stayed there for hours which broke my heart. He would always come by. Every day I assume the times he was here was whenever he didn't have any schedule to attend to. He has been doing this for a couple of days now.

I decided that maybe it was best to decide what we both should do now. So after a long time of contemplating if I was ready for it, I took my phone out and called his number. "Can you meet with me?" I asked and waited for him in an isolated café.

As soon as I saw him, I didn't know if I could push through with what I wanted to do. But I had to. Right?

"Is everything alright?" He asked while trying to catch his breath. It looks like he rushed just to get here in the shortest amount of time. Something tugged on my heart.

"We shouldn't be doing this," I said straightforwardly. He gave me a confused look, so I continued. "I don't think we should be friends."

Now, he was even more confused, "What? Why? Did I do something wrong?" He started to panic. I felt the need to hold his hands and calm him down but stopped myself from doing so.

"I just think that we're too involved with each other to even be friends without hurting ourselves," I said as I tried to avoid his gaze that was full of confusion and pain.

He asked again, trying to confirm what he heard, "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying maybe it's best if we just end our connections here." Even my heart broke when those words left my mouth. We've been together for so long that I don't even imagine my life without him. But if this is what it takes for us not to hurt each other in the future, then I'd gladly watch him shine from afar.

He didn't answer for a while, I looked at him, and his gaze was no longer on mine. Instead, it was on the ground. His shoulder was tense as he whispered, "Why?" with his shaky voice.

Please don't cry.

"Because we are toxic to each other, even as friends, you can't deny that we still have a connection, and I know it would only hurt us in the long run."

He didn't answer. I waited for him to do so, but he didn't. My heart felt heavy, like it was holding tons and tons of bricks that just weighed too much for it to bear.

I was about to turn and leave when Sunghoon spoke up. "You are right. We shouldn't be friends."

That is precisely what I told him, but I was still so painful. I sighed and nodded before fully turning around. My first steps were halted when Sunghoon continued, "We shouldn't be just friends because clearly we still love each other."

His mouth spoke nothing but the truth, which hurt even more. "We haven't broken up, Seana, and I am still so desperately in love with you. I don't think I would ever stop." he was pouring his heart and soul on my feet.