Chapter 13 - Hope

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PARK SUNGHOON ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I stared at the bottles of Soju in front of me. I sighed as I grabbed another one and opened it up.

I messed up. I ruined her dream.

I drank with the 20th letter I have been reading in my hand.

I read every single letter she hurled at me. I understood how much these letters meant to her since I was a skater. I gathered enough strength to chug the bottle in my lap. The alcohol stings my taste buds and hurts my throat as it trickles down. My eyes began to well up once more. I couldn't hold back my tears.

All of the guys are now fast asleep. I double-checked that before continuing. I didn't have someone to talk to who could understand what I was going through. I felt a cool wind brush against me. I looked up at the heavens and counted the stars. They look stunning. I sighed and moved on to the next letter.

I was about the rip the envelope open when suddenly I heard a voice coming from the door to the rooftop.

It was Jungwon.

"Sunghoon, what are you doing here? It's so cold out here, you need to get in."

As I looked at him, I realized how many layers he had on. I, on the other hand, was dressed in a shirt and trousers. I wasn't even wearing sneakers. About it though, I didn't feel cold. I was about to respond to him and tell him to come inside when all of them burst through the gates. They all seemed concerned and upset.

"You guys need to let me be," I said as I looked away from them. "I'm fine here."

"No, you're not." I heard one of them snicker.

"We have been looking all over for you, Sunghoon." I heard Sunoo's soft voice from a distance.

"You didn't need to. I'm fine." I snapped and drank from the bottle in my hand.

I continued to rip the envelop open and read.

Congratulation's Ms. Kim,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to be part of our fine institution. Rest assured that all your expenses, including your tuition fee, miscellaneous fee, and living expenses, would be covered by the university. We hope to see you soon.

"You shouldn't be drinking, you know?" Jungwon sounded authoritative.

I laughed, "I'm older than you, you know?" I copied his tone.

Heesung sighed and looked at Jungwon. The leader quickly understood and proceeded to usher the members back to their dorm. That left Heesung with me. He didn't say anything; he simply sat beside me and watched as a gulped down my very last bottle of alcohol.

"What your doing is illegal." He pointed at the bottles.

"What I did should be illegal." I collected the opened letters and placed them in front of him. I took them and briefly looked at the contents.

"It isn't your fault. You didn't know, Sunghoon."

"But I should have known, Heeseung." I looked at him. My eyes still burned with tears. "I should have known that something was bothering her. I should have known better than to leave her again. Without even a proper goodbye." I placed my head on my knees.

"I was at my edge. I felt so weak because I tried my best as a trainee for 2 years, and I still couldn't debut. I went back to her, and then I left without a word the next chance that I got. She must have felt like I was using her. I'm so stupid." I gripped on my hair.