Chapter 2 - Persistent

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I looked at myself in the mirror, I was wearing an emerald green dress pair with nude heels. I got my hair all curled and set just as my makeup is.

We were about to go to an intimate after-party dedicated to congratulating the International winners. It was the first time that I was invited to attend. Together with Coach Lim, I was escorted inside the hotel and straight to the ballroom. I saw so many familiar faces and some new and unknown.

"Lim! It is so nice to see you again!" a cheerful voice erupted behind us. As I turned I recognized him right away.

 As I turned I recognized him right away

"Bang! Finally eh?" Coach Lim smiled.

"Oh! Is this our International winner?" he asked motioning me with a huge smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Bang Si-Hyuk." I bowed. When I suddenly saw a hand offered in front of me, I panicked, took his hand, and shook it.

"You were so amazing back there, technique and all. Wait, you look familiar." He cocked his head to the side trying to remember where he saw me.

"­Bang, she was the kid with Sung—"

"Sunghoon, there you are. Come here!" Coach tried to explain but was interrupted by Mr. Bang's call to his artist. I turned my head towards the said man. He smiled back to the CEO and walked steadily in our direction.

"Sir," he said.

His voice was still steady and firm. Cold yet produces such warmth to whoever hears it.

I'm proud of you, noona.

"I'm sure you still remember Lim here." The CEO laughed and gestured Coach Lim to Sunghoon with a smile.

"Coach!" he exclaimed and excitedly hugged the man. Coach chuckled. "You missed me that much, kid?" He joked. "Amazing performance on MAMA, still got the skater in you I see."

"Always." He smirked. He then looked at me and his eyes widen in shock. For a second there, I saw a glimpse of sadness and grief.

However, I couldn't bear seeing him. I left hastily as they were getting acquainted. I was not needed there, nor do I want to stay.

"Seana!" I heard someone call my name. I turned to look for the owner of the voice.

"Michael?" I smiled and ran up and hugged him.

"How's New York?" I continued still shocked to see an old friend in Seoul.

"Amazing, I could not believe that you passed this opportunity up last year." He smiled sadly, feeling a slight pity towards me.

"Yeah. I should have just taken it, huh?" I grinned. "That way you wouldn't be so ahead of me." I shrugged jokingly to ease the tension.

"Oh, come on, you got nothing compared to me," he smirked finally changing up the topic and the mood of our conversation lifted. We continued to catch up and I have forgotten the ill feelings I felt earlier this evening.

What I didn't know was that somewhere along with the conversation. A pair of eyes have not left me alone.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PARK SUNGHOON ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

She might have thought that she left without anyone noticing, but I did.

I always do.

"If you'd excuse me." I bowed to Mr. Bang and Coach Lim. I searched every side of the ballroom looking for the girl in the green dress.

"Why do you want our costume to be dark green? It's so dull." I whined to the girl in front of me.

"It's my lucky color Hoonie, I promise you it would look good." She smiled. "And FYI, it's emerald green, not dark green." She said placing such emphasis on the word 'emerald'.

I chuckled. She never fails to amaze me. We sat down at the edge of the rink feeling exhausted.

"Thank you for coming back, Hoonie. I missed you so much." She laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'll never leave you alone, noona," I muttered not caring if she heard or not, as I kissed her head tenderly.

I smiled at the memory that flashed before my eyes.

I'm sorry, noona.

I looked around once more. However, as I was about to give up, I saw her. She looked magnificent wearing her favorite color. Her skin shines so bright almost as white as ice. Her hair was much longer than when I last saw her. She changed. Yet she was still familiar, almost as familiar as the rink, almost like home.

I was about to approach her when she suddenly turned towards a young man. She smiled and hugged him tightly. Something on my chest tightened.

After so long, it's still you, noona.

I wanted to look away. I wanted to run far away. I felt suffocated seeing her laugh and smile just as she used to when we were younger. I guess I did deserve to receive such cold treatment. But was it that wrong to grab the opportunity given to me?

I didn't know it at the time, but I was staring at her. Even watching her from a distance fills my heart with both joy and regret. Then I found she was finally by herself. She stepped out of the ballroom, looking down at her heels.

I followed her out the door and saw her climb the stairs to the roof. When I arrived, she was standing on the ledge, staring down at the city below. I could see she was distracted by the champagne in her hands.

"You still are persistent..." She looked over her shoulder, no expression could be seen adorning her face.

"...Sunghoon."