These are Pirates?

Start from the beginning

"I've never seen anything like you before. Are you a devil fruit user?" I asked. Really, I'm just trying to make conversation with at least every person on the ship so nothing is too awkward while I'm here. I watched him do a weird pose while trying to.. hide? behind the mast that Zoro had finished repairing to his best ability. 

"Y-yes.. why do you wanna know?!" he fumbled, highly concerned with my questioning. 

"Oh nothing, I just thought your transformation earlier was cool, even if that green guy had to save you," I responded, watching as he stared blankly back at me. That's before he started doing some wiggly dance while he called me a bastard, and that he doesn't care if I think he's cool. So cute.

Suddenly, the two more energetic of the bunch, being Usopp, and Luffy, started fawning over some huge palace, causing me to turn around and Chopper to run off and see what they were talking about. Huh? Isn't this where that one guy, Cricket, lives'  He's supposed to be the descendant of a liar, but that's really all I know about him. I do know of who he is supposed to be a descendant of though. The story book of Noland was super popular in North Blue. 

We landed and saw that the palace was only half a house, and I saw Chopper transform again when Nami ordered him to start digging for treasure. He must have multiple forms. Luffy went to literally invade Cricket's home while I hung around Nami and Usopp.

"Eh? A picture book?" Nami suddenly voiced, causing us all to look at her. "This is quite an old book. Hm? It's titled 'Noland the Liar.'" Usopp complimented the titled, while Sanji's attention was caught. "Do you know this book Sanji? It says that it was made in North Blue," she inquired.

"Ah! Didn't I tell you guys? I was born in North Blue, I just grew up here," the blond explained, smiling at them. 

I butted in at this and grinned at him, "Really? I'm from North Blue too!" He wiggled over to me, talking about how someone like him couldn't compare to me, meanwhile Nami was reading the picture book aloud. I laughed Sanji off and went over to where Nami was reading the book on a stump. She finished of her story telling by looking straight at Usopp, basically saying that the Noland died as a liar.

There was then a splash, followed by what I could see was Cricket coming out of the water. "Luffy fell into the sea!" Nami shouted, causing me to sprint to where he was, then stopping in my tracks, realizing I can't swim.

"You've got guts, relaxing at someone's house without permission! The sea in this area is my turf!" Cricket grunted, then stated something about how we were after his gold. Sanji ran past me and started fighting the guy, which lead to Cricket pulling out a gun and shooting at the younger man. I was going to jump in until I saw that Sanji was easily dodging all of the close-range bullets. Wow, color me impressed. Zoro went in to get Cricket himself, but the guy fainted before anything could even happen. Usopp finally came out of the water with Luffy, who sunk like a rock. He must be another devil fruit user...

Turns out, the little reindeer was a doctor all along, despite his naturally jumpy attitude. Cricket apparently had some kind of diver's disease. I don't really care much for the explanations to that kind of stuff, though, so I looked around his house. My eyes landed on a picture of him with the two brothers that the Straw Hats already ran into today, from what I was able to gather. "Hey guys, this dude-"

"Old-timer! Are you alright?! What are you guys doing here?! What did you do to the old-timeer?!" the two brothers showed up in the doorframe of the small house of Cricket's, cutting off my warning. 

Usopp and Chopper immediately fell into a frenzy and started running around in panic while Luffy simply stated, "Huh? We're looking after this guy right now, so go somewhere else."