Chapter 2

Kyle Cohen, 7:40 a.m
"KYLE!!" I hear a voice and jump. "COLE!!" I run over to him. "I'm so happy to see you!!" He said. "Same!!" I replied. He was adorable in his oversized, black hoodie!! I walked in the school with him. I saw a person being bullied as we were walking through the halls. "What are you guys doing?!?!" I yelled. Cole stayed quiet. A teacher came over after hearing me yell, and she yelled at the others. She sent them to the office. "I am Mrs. Brown. I am the Literature teacher. I do believe we will be seeing each other very soon." And she trudged off. I knelt down by the person in the white hoodie who was crying. "Are you okay?" I ask, and they look up. "Uh- uhm- y-yes.." They said. "Why were they teasing you?" I ask politely. "W-Well b-be-because.. because I'm Non-binary.." I offer them my hand. "That's awful! How could they tease someone just because they feel like neither gender?" Cole still stood behind me. "I'm Kyle Cohen. This is my friend, Cole Anderson. He's pretty shy and gets nervous around new people, so don't think anything of it. I'm sure he'll warm up to you!" "I-I'm Charlie.. my parents call me Charlotte though.." I frown. "Well they should call you what's comfortable with you!" "R-Really?" "Mhm! I think that's the nice thing to do! Wanna be friends?" Charlie nodded. "Yes!" We chatted for a bit while Cole had his arm around mine. He's such a sweet person! We went to our classes, Cole and I were together, and when we walked in, we were terrified.

The teacher stared at us with cold, dead eyes. "I am Ms. Chanel, and you will address me as such. You must be Cole and Kyle. Find your seats and class will start." I look over at Cole. He always gets extremely nervous during situations like this, so he froze. His eyes turned glassy, and he became pale. I lean over and whisper to him. "Let's go find our seats." "o-ok.." He says in a small voice. We sit next to each other and the teacher gives us a lecture on how she's the boss and how she's the one who calls the shots. Then we start our math lesson. "Now, class, what is (6+7 x 4637 divided by 409/435)?" We all get a piece of paper and do the math. Cole raises his hand after about 3 minutes. "I-Is it s-six?" Ms. Chanel's face turns red. "NO!! ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?! IF THIS CLASS IS A JOKE, GET OUT!!!" She walks to Cole, raises her hand, a smacks him across the face. He falls to the floor, while tears drip down his face. "Now. I will explain how to do this simple equation." Cole laid on the floor for a solid minute as he quietly sobbed.

RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!
"Class is over, students. No homework today!" And we all walk out.