You're Going Where?!

Start from the beginning

Oh boy. A blond with a scar on his forehead walked through the swinging doors, smirking. "Is there a pirate with a straw hat in here?" he asked while people started murmuring about how the big bad Bellamy was here. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Guys like him are what make this town go to shit. "So you're the guy with 30 million berry to his name?"

"Eh? What's with this guy?" straw hat man asked, still oblivious to what kind of guy Bellamy was. Bellamy's bounty is much higher than this guy's. He should know about him by now at least. The green haired guy stated that the infamous blond seemed to have some business with their, in comparison, small time crew. Green hair called him Luffy, so I guess that's got to be his name. "Boy I keep running into tall guys today!" Luffy commented, still not really caring for all the attention this whole scene is getting. He must be an idiot or something.

"Give me your most expensive alcohol! And give this shorty what he wants." Bellamy ordered, causing Boss to walk off to get him his stuff. I kept myself turned away from him, knowing the kind of people he lugs around, and the kind of person he is. Thinks he's so great with the ladies or whatever. He's great with the dumb ladies, that's for sure. We smart women have to show him how unimportant and unattractive he is!

"Huh? This place is full!"

"What is this place? Its stinky and dirty!"

"And cheap looking rum is about all they've got."

Speak of the devil and he will come, I guess. In came Bellamy's annoying entourage. I had to restrain myself from throwing this beer cup at them. I did not need to get Boss in trouble.. but with what they were saying...

Boss brought out the drinks and patted me on the shoulder, shaking his head 'no'. My nose scrunched and I felt the glass in my hand crack when the bar behind me got smashed in by Bellamy. It started getting rowdy, but the orange head said something that really caught everyone's attention, even mine. Especially mine.

"Hey, mister, we're trying to get to sky island! Do you know anything about it?!" she asked, completely serious and in a rush since there would be a fight. It got quiet immediately, so she went to ask again, "Like I said, if you know how to get to sky island-"

The bar erupted with laughter, just like it always does when this subject is brought up. It pisses me off, but it's something I've learned to get used to after working here long enough. 'I stick to work rules.' I repeated the thought like a mantra, to remind myself not to get into trouble for violence. 

"Oh man, you guys got me! You guys believe in such an ancient legend that there's an island in the sky? Just which era are you from?" Bellamy laughed and continued, "Unusual currents in the Grand Line are being explained one after another. The knock-up stream is one of them. I guess you probably don't know something like that even exists. The ships that fell victim to this current are shot high in the sky and-" blah blah blah. The rest of his speech has no meaning; he doesn't understand that his point of view isn't the only one.

"(y/n), that glass has been shattered for a while now.." Boss muttered to me. I sighed once I looked down, throwing away the pieces and turning around to witness the scene after I gave him an apology. 

Bellamy knocked Luffy down, who just sat there blank faced. I stared at him, wondering why he wasn't fighting like any other pirate would right now. Glasses started being thrown at the floor and I saw Luffy sit up, the orange haired girl telling Luffy and Zoro, who I think is green head, to hurry up and beat all these fools up. Luffy didn't pay her any mind, however, and looked at three sword man. 

"Zoro.. don't take them on no matter what happens," he ordered, a small frown on his previously joyful and energetic face. I looked between them, then at Bellamy's crew, a smile making its way to my face. There's a clear difference between them.

The ruckus went on for a while more, so I just went into the kitchen to help the chef prep more pies since that big guy took so much. When I made it back out, Luffy and Zoro were standing with blood dripping from their nose, mouth, or cuts around their face or arms. Bellamy and company insulted them some more, and then smashed one of the guys into the window. I sighed in frustration quietly, not doing anything over the property damage while the girl dragged her two friends out of there, but not before Bellamy's subordinate offered to buy her. They're customers. Customers. Customers give money. Yes. They can pay for damages. And they offer to buy women... CUSTOMERS! THEY'RE CUSTOMERS. 

"Oi, give me more alcohol!" Bellamy shouted, most likely at me since Boss was in the back. I snapped back into reality and gave a small 'alright' before giving him another glass of the stuff. I didn't make any eye contact, knowing it'd bring me unwanted trouble.

I should know by now I'm accident prone, though. Speaking of which, my chin was grabbed, and I was forced to look at Bellamy's second in command. The man who offered to buy that woman earlier. Sarquiss. "Say, you're not half bad looking. What do you say I buy you too? This dingy town shouldn't keep a pretty lady in here, right?" he asked while grinned sickly at me. 

Bellamy drew his attention to my face next, a smirk sliding back onto his cocky face. "You're right Sarquiss, she's even better than the girls you've got in the crew!" the blond laughed out, causing a few unhappy reactions among the group of girls at the bar. I would laugh at them if I wasn't in such a tight spot. "What do you say you join and you can be with me, a man worth 55 million berry!" he boasted again, the smirk on his face getting more and more irritating to look at with the more he spoke.

I pulled my face away from Sarquiss' hold and instead smiled at him. "No thank you... sir. I am content here," I said with fake enthusiasm. These are the parts of the job where I wish I was just another pirate so I could kick him straight out of the doors and stomp him into the pavement. He looked like he was about to try to do something to me, before stopping and laughing loudly in a very weird way.

"Alright, I'll have you change your mind by the end of my stay here." This could be viewed as a lot of things. Romantic even. But the tone of his voice meant he was probably going to be a piece of shit and threaten me sooner or later since I basically embarrassed him in front of his crew just now. Anyway, my break is in 10 minutes, and I know exactly what I will be doing for the hour of my time. I'm a part time worker, don't question my hours of duty!