"H, you do realize you just missed the turning?" Evie cackles, lightly slapping the back of her hand against my bicep.

I wince, pretending she hit me harder than she did, to which she only rolled her eyes.

While driving down the deserted roads, I keep one hand tight on the leather wheel as I use the other to tap on the center of the map she's got spread out in her hands.

It's an incredibly large, old fashioned map of the roads in Arizona, except I'm pretty sure half the roads on there are outdated anyway. She was adamant on reading it though, despite the car having a built in GPS.

Who am I to ruin her fun?

It's quite amusing as well, hearing her become frustrated and flustered by not knowing what way is up and how large the map is to unfold. It completely covers her lap and almost is her whole wingspan.

"No, we're going the right way. See?" I bat my eyelashes at her, keeping my hand pointed somewhere completely random on the map.

"Well according to you, baby, we're in the Grand Canyon." She responds in an overly soft voice, like she's trying to let someone down gently.

"And where are we?" I raise my eyebrows as if I'm excited for her reply, which in some senses I am because I didn't even look when I tapped the map.

"About five hours south." She giggled, biting her tongue slightly through her parted lips. She looks so incredibly beautiful today. More so because she's the girl who has my heart.

"Oh so close." I slap my hand against my thigh sarcastically to which she rolls her eyes for a second time within the past five minutes.

"So patronizing." Evie speaks with a giddy smile.

I switch my hands so my right hand is now gripping the wheel, my fingers mindlessly tapping along to the hum of the radio and my left arm resting on the open window, the breeze strong and fresh.

My head lightly bounces along to the radio as I continue to drive, Evie still fiddling with the map.

"Wait, but you still missed the turning." She speaks up again, this time looking genuinely confused which makes me chuckle under my breath.

"Oh, I know." I keep my answer short and simple, with a wide smile plastered across my face. "I did it on purpose."

Evie's head swiftly flicks up to look at me, her eyebrows tugging together, clearly puzzled by my words.

"What? What do you mean 'I did it on purpose'? That makes no sense." She terribly attempts to mock my British accent and it only causes me to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"I'm taking you somewhere." I manage to stutter through the gaps in my laughs.

Her ocean blue eyes glare at me and my blunt answer. She's probably also a little offended that I found her accent attempt so hilarious - but it was useless.

"I'd never have guessed." Her sarcasm is thick in her voice as a smile breaks out across her face. "Where are you taking me H?"

This time she devotes her full attention to me, pathetically trying to fold up the map and turning in her seat slightly so she's angled towards me.

Technically, we had no plans to do anything today. Although I had an idea or two on something that I wanted to do. But it was just a thought until Evie had her shower and I decided to google the location.

That was before I convinced her to stay in bed with me all morning.

But we eventually got ready, ate an incredibly late breakfast which consisted of fresh pastries, omelets, bacon, sausages, toasts and plenty of other things that Evie kept complaining about because she'd have to work it all back off tomorrow.