12

On the bed laid emerald attire, Harry stared at it for a while, before gently brushing his fingers on the fabric. He did not want to go the ball. His mind screamed to stay in bed but Tom insisted that he must attend with him. Harry felt in debt, to Tom after all of it weren't the ritual. His mind told him not to think that way but Harry's insecurities seemed to become stronger day by day.

Harry sighed as he continued staring at it. He felt bound, unable to think clearly, unwanted in a world where he now had a imprint. He was part of this timeline now but his thoughts still wondered to the future.

Tom entered the room later, looking around for Harry. The only thing he could see was a bump in the bed. He sighed before approaching.

"Harry, what's wrong?"Tom softly spoke, hoping for the boy to come away from the duvet. " I don't want to go Tom. I don't feel safe, nobody knows me. I feel like I'm intruding in this world." Harry mumbled. " Harry I want you to be here. I don't want to sound cringe but as your newly husband, I want you with me." Tom sighed. Harry's insecurities had increased over the last couple of days. He walked around with extra burden, as if time could randomly decide he wasn't enough for this world anymore, even though he was bound to it now.

————————————————————————
Harry and Tom entered the hall with sophistication that formed ivy over the hearts of the occupants within. They decided to split up and come together for the dance. Harry wanted to join Orion and his family but Tom wanted to converse with influential people with Abraxas as a right hand man.

On his way to Orion, Harry became restless. They were staring. He knew. His aristocratic features matched a bloodline, that he wasn't identifying with or but the lingering stares from the youth had more meaningful purposes.

"Sorry, I am so sorry" a man bumped right into Harry. " It's okay" Harry smiled. The man reminded him of Cedric, the warmth and homely vibes he radiated felt eerily similar. "I would help you dry your top, but the old voodoo abracadabra doesn't work for poor me" the man mentioned with a apologetic look. A squib. "Name is Mark Featherstone" he added. " Nice to meet you Mr Featherstone. I am Harry Potter." Harry replied. "Oh I know, we all do" Mark nervously concluded before leaving. Harry questioned the behaviour before making eye contact with Tom. There is some explaining to do, just because I went through shit and became all miserable, doesn't mean I am a damsel in distress.

Forgetting the journey to Orion, Harry stepped into one of the side doors leading to a balcony. Getting the hint, Tom followed close behind.

"Tom, can I know why everyone in here is staring at me like I am going to break into millions of pieces if I was suddenly to place them in my book of enemies." Harry asked with patience. " I was worried" Tom mumbled, pure sincerity leaving his wretched heart. " I can defend myself, Tom. I am perfectly capable. You know that" Harry exclaimed.
"Harry" Tom whispered. Harry sighed. " I watched you scream , shout in your dreams. Scream for help, guidance, someone. I never feel hopeless, but the feeling I felt in that moment was crushing me." Tom whispered.

A silence fell on the balcony. A single embrace, filled the cold air with understanding. If only someone could see them, they would seem like a sappy couple, with separation issues but in reality it was the boy that lived embraced by a boy who wanted the world at his feet.

————————————————————————
I'm back, recently this book has been getting a lot of views/likes and adds onto libraries. As it still is relevant, I decided to continue it!

Sum up this chapter-
Harry is adjusting to the new timeline and Tom is scared to lose Harry.