1.1

The hum of the airplane had been playing in Y/N's head for the last several days. In her time apart from Tyler, she had given him complete radio silence. No matter how many times he texted her or called, she was unable to bring herself to answer him.

Every time his name flashed upon the screen, a swelling pain formed in her chest. She missed him terribly and talking to him just made it worse. She wished that she could just forget him and forget that she had ever gone to Dallas in the first place.

It would have made things so much easier for her. None of this would have ever happened. She would have never gotten close to Tyler, she would have never discovered the adultery in her sister's relationship and she would have never discovered what it felt like to have a broken heart.

The days seemed to blur together as she got back to Ontario. Her dad had been the one to pick her up at the airport, immediately noticing how softly spoken his daughter was and how devoid of life she seemed to be.

Her eyes were carriers of dark circles and baggage, her lips chapped and face completely lost of excitement that he usually saw in her. Dallas had changed her and he was terrified of how much.

The usual drive he would share on the way back to her mother's house had been tainted by her indescribable silence. She was caught up in whatever was going on in her head- and try as he might, he couldn't get her to open up to him.

Throughout the entire ride, Y/N watched every street corner pass with a reminder of the taste of a life she had discovered in dallas. She started seeing things in a different light. The bars they passed were places she imagined making memories with Tyler- the coast was a reminder of her days spent at the pool or in Galveston with tyler. Everywhere she looked something was reminding her of him.

When they arrived at her mother's house, she ran upstairs, taking her things with her without saying a word- her mother was startled, watching as her daughter ran past her and ignored her being entirely. Her ex husband walked in and sighed softly.

"Something happened in dallas... she wont talk to me-'' Marty frowned. that certainly stuck out to them. Y/N was closest with her dad and if something had happened but she refused to tell even him, it obviously had affected her for the worst.

They just needed to figure out how to get through to her.

"I'll see if I can talk to her- thank you for picking her up." Helen promised.

Smiling softly, Y/N's dad nodded. "I was closer to the airport anyways- I'll give Addison a call and let you know if i can figure anything out."

They shared a hug and kiss on the cheek goodbye before he headed back home to his new wife.

Locked behind her bedroom door, Y/N sat on the floor, arms wrapped around herself as she cried softly- the pain that she was feeling was far worse than anything she had ever dealt with. She had never experienced something like this before.

All through her life, she had gotten into every single school that she wanted, she had the best of grades, her parents gave her anything she ever wanted and she always felt content to be alone.

But now after falling in love and breaking her heart for the first time, she felt like her life was over. She felt ridiculous and for the first time ever, stupid.

Which was quite the accomplishment.

Through her fits of tears and cries, she hadn't heard her mother coming up the stairs and towards her room- only noticing the footsteps as she took a moment to breathe, having run out of breath during her sobbing session.