11. This conversation is over

Start from the beginning

"Connor knows that I ran away from you that morning. I was embarrassed and I was talking to my friends about how you had a boner and I fucking ran away and he knows!," The words come flying out of her mouth before she could think straight.

"Wait, what?", Brett raised a brow, realizing that she wasn't being so awkward because something had happened between her and the boy, but because Connor knew Brett had had a boner over her?

"He knows that you had a boner over me and that I think you're hot!," She tries again. Brett grows silent for a few moments, watching the nineteen-year-old stress silently.

"You think I'm hot?," He smirks, looking like a teenager in that moment.

Olivia rolls her eyes and turns around. "I'm going to bed.", She calls over her shoulder, running up the stairs without another word. She reached her bedroom and closed the door, locking it behind herself with a loud groan.

It took her hours to finally fall asleep without cringing and hating her big mouth, but when she finally did, she dreamt about Brett - as she always did.

Wednesday

"Dad?," Olivia's mouth fell agape as she opened the front door to reveal her father standing there, flowers in his hand and a huge grin spread across his face. "What the hell?," She laughed weakly, reaching up to hug him.

"What kind of greeting is that?"

"Sorry!", Olivia laughed, pulling from the hug and stepping aside. "You just surprised me that's all, please come in.", She smiled, watching him walk in. Brett was home, and he had no idea that her father was here.

Olivia shut the front door and headed to the kitchen, knowing that her dad would follow.

"How is everything going?", he asks as they walk into the kitchen. "Brett!", Olivia watched as the handsome man spun on his heel, eyes wide with shock and some hidden fear and let out a small laugh. This was already awkward.

"John? What's up?", Brett replied, turning fully to face John. Olivia stood in the doorway, watching them hug and then continue talking.

"I just thought I'd come and see how everything was going. I hadn't heard from Liv for a while so I wanted to check on her, make sure you hadn't killed her yet," Olivia's dad teased, sending his daughter a side glance.

Olivia rolled her eyes, but smiled. "You're so funny.", She resorted, sticking out her tongue.

"What sweetheart? You have a mouth on you - a lot like your mothers.", He replied with a small shrug. Brett laughed at that. A real laugh. Olivia shot him a stare and he instantly shut up, covering his mouth with his hand, coughing into it.

John saw the look and glanced between the two of them. "I see she's treating you just fine," He jokes, unknowingly. Brett nods his head, still chuckling to himself.

"She's helping a lot, that's for sure.", He finally says, his tone serious and meaningful.

Olivia sighs and runs a hand through her hair. She couldn't help but to wonder how her and Brett should be acting around each other. She sure as hell couldn't stare at his lips like she usually did, or eye-fuck him like she usually does.

Instead, she decides that being playful sounded about right.

"I'm helping the kids, Brett's pretty useless.", She smiles sweetly at Brett. He rolls his eyes, but catches himself smiling down at her anyhow.

"That is very true.", John joins in, sending his friend a small shrug.

"What the hell is this? Gang-up-on-Brett day?", he raises a brow, his gaze shifting between the gorgeous teenager that he'd grown fond off, and his friend who he'd known for the better half of his life.