Chapter 9: Dog on demand

Start from the beginning

The fox looked at him with sad eyes and Woo Bin tried to not let his sadness shine through but he knew he couldn't fool his boyfriend.

"Come on... let't get some sleep." he said and Yi Jeong scurried into the bedroom.

Woo Bin typed a quick message to Yi Yeon: "He's home. He's okay, I got this. I call you.", then he followed his fox.

It took a moment until they arranged themselves into a position that was comfortable for both and in the end, Woo Bin used Yi Jeong as giant pillow and his tails functioned as a blanket. He didn't smell different, so it wasn't feeling too unfamiliar. His body was soft and warm and Woo Bin closed his eyes, listening to Yi Jeong's heartbeat. He was alive, that was all that mattered.

"I'm glad you came back to me..." he whispered into the darkness and ruffled through the fox's fur. His whole body moved up and down slowly, with his breathing becoming more even and it helped Woo Bin to relax.
Even if Yi Jeong would stay like this, he would deal with it somehow but deep inside, he prayed that he would wake up and everything was back to normal. As much normal as it could get in their current situation.

"I love you..."

-

The next morning, Woo Bin awoke with a start, not really sure if he just had a bad dream or if he really had shared his bed with a nine tailed fox last night. He looked around, let his fingers run through his hair and took a deep breath. He was alone.

"Yi Jeong?" he asked carefully and got up. The living room was empty too, but he saw the blow dryer on the ground, the empty lunch box still on the table, the bloody sweater and plush fox on the couch.

"Shit..." he mumbled and followed the sound of running water, that came from the bathroom.
The door was not locked, so he opened it carefully and peeked inside.

"Oh my.... Yi Jeong!" he called out loud and rushed to the bath tub.
Yi Jeong, back to being human, was sitting under ice cold, running water. He had his arms wrapped around his knees and stared into the distance with chattering teeth.

"Hey.... Are you okay? What are you doing?" Woo Bin said softly, worry written all over his face.
He turned off the water and grabbed a towel. "Come... you have to get out of there.. You're lips are already turning blue.."

Yi Jeong wasn't fighting back, got up on his feet and let Woo Bin wrap his trembling body into the towel.
Woo Bin pulled his boyfriend into his arms and held him in a tight embrace for a little eternity.
Yi Jeong was shaking and he rubbed his back to warm him up.

"Woo Bin.." he whispered hoarsely and finally hugged him back. "I had the craziest dream.."

"It wasn't a dream... but it's all gonna be alright.. I promise.."

Yi Jeong started shaking even more and Woo Bin just picked him up and carried him to the coach.
Suddenly, he was struggling against it, panicking.

"Stay away from me...If this wasn't a dream... I'm a monster..." Yi Jeong said and tried to fight himself out of Woo Bin's embrace, but Woo Bin held him tight.

"You are not a monster.. You have to calm down, please.. I'll tell you everything I know so far, but you have to warm up and calm down first."

Yi Jeong slowly stopped fighting back but was not able to relax in Woo Bin's arms. He was still shaking.

"I'm scared... Woo Bin.. What am I?"

"You are you."

"Why am I feeling like a stranger... I don't know who I am anymore.." he whispered and closed his eyes, tears running over his cheeks.