Arius, Eraclius, Dragoslav, Kazimir, Roland, and a handful of others moseyed up the gangplank, eyes agape at the sight of the magnificent, billowing, sails. I was hit with the realization that none of these men had ever set foot on a ship. They were all born and raised in Kavan. None of them had been far enough beyond its borders to require sea travel. This should be very interesting.

They all had tried hard to be helpful as we left the dock, but proved very clumsy with the ropes that they just got in the way. I could see the crew growing frustrated with them so I decided to intervene.

"Don't worry about that, boys. Leave that to Grey and the rest of the crewmen. You're part of a different crew. Go set yourselves up in your barracks below-decks." I ordered them. I figured it was a reasonable request to make of them, but it would also give them an excuse to get away and avoid embarrassing themselves.

Evander sauntered over, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword. "That's quite the motley crew you have there. They don't have their sea legs under them yet, do they?" he chortled as they wandered across the deck and into the belly of the ship. As he went on his little ego trip, we weaved our way out of the harbor and onto the open sea. As the deck swayed beneath our feet with the rise and fall of the swells, I could see Evander's smirk fade as his balance failed him. He set his arms wheeling as he tried to stay upright.

"Sea legs aren't so easy to come by, now are they, Your Highness." I chuckled with a smirk as I turned on my heel and followed the rest of our travel party below decks. I could feel his glare burning my back. I carefully stepped down the steep narrow stairs and found myself in the mess hall, with the galley directly ahead of me. I was almost knocked off my feet by a rushed Leland, who pushed past me and sprinted up the stairs. The poor thing looked so green. I could hear him retching on the deck above me.

I cringed. I hope he made it to the railing. I didn't want anyone to have to clean up that mess.

I wandered the ship as we sailed along. The familiarity of sea-fare was welcome. Grey bustled from station to station giving instructions and getting tips from the more experienced crew. Leland gripped the railing so tight his knuckles blanched out. Evander stumbled around trying to be important, but only succeeding in getting himself cursed at in a way only sailors can offer. August and the other men were learning knots and seamen's terms from the crew and were catching on quickly. If there was one thing to be said for the soldiers of Kavan, it was that once they saw room for improvement, they made every effort.

I leaned over the railing and breathed in the salt air as I had just been released from a coffin buried six feet down. The sky began to turn red around me as dusk began to fall.

I made my way to the upper deck and joined Grey at the helm. As I enjoyed the view from the higher vantage point, a small shape in the distance caught my eye. I nudged Grey with my elbow and drew his attention in that direction. He immediately knew what I wanted him to see and pulled out his spyglass. He examined the spectacle and handed me the glass wide-eyed.

"What are those?" Prince Grey said with confusion written on his face, his hands gripping the steering wheel.

"Pirates," I replied, as the skull and crossbones on the flag came into focus over my vision.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hi everyone, Mickey here!

Chapter 2-0 babyyy! I thank my BSF for putting up with me and literally wrote chapter 20 and 21 andddd 22!  Nan i love you so much <333

Thoughts >

Feelings >

Predictions >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: You like Anime?