Ch.14

◦•●◉✿ Chunin Exams✿◉●•◦

GLANCING DOWN AT THE PAPER, KEIKO SIGHS. It had been a few weeks ever since the incident with Zabuza, and the two missing nins had settles with being bounty hunters when the young heiress had threatened them.

But now...

Now, she was stuck in a meeting with many other clan heads, and sometimes their next-in-line children.

"So then, which clans will be investing in the second part of the exam?" Many hands shot up, but not one of them were as pale as Keikos as she scratched her head, wearing casual clothes and hair messed up much to the elders dismay.

"Five. Good. Who will be investing in the third part?" Shikaku glanced at the young girl and chuckled upon seeing her troubled expression.

"Third part will be the tournament. You'll see separate fights, meaning you might see Naruto battle his and your teammates." She stares at his raised arm, glancing back at the paper as everyone stared at her.

"You dont...find this suspicious?" Hiruzen rose an eyebrow, already worried since her gut-feeling always seemed to be right.

"Elaborate please."

"The Kazekage, I mean."

"What about him?"

"He's been inactive on many other things such as joint mission requests, and e.t.c But now, he suddenly appears out of nowhere and says he will be watching the chunin exams."

"Tsk. Why would that be weird? Are you so paranoid that you immediately suspect a man of higher rank than you?" She looks at the Yamanaka member with clear boredom on her face.

"Considering my whole clan was massacred, I suppose I have every right to be paranoid, don't you agree?" Silence fills the area until her sigh breaks it.

"I, Uchiha Keiko, will permit the funding for the stage three of the chunin exams under the condition you add more ANBU around the stadium." Many yells of protest come before the hokage silences them.

"Keiko is a trusted shinobi, just as you all are. I will allow this condition. Do you have anything else to say?"

"Hn. No." She sits back down, placing her chin on her palm and listening carefully until the end.

As she's packing her papers before everyone else, she notices another clan member glaring at her.

So, in the deepest and clearest voice she could manage, she talks to him.

"Is there something you need, Tomioka?" The man's eyes widen as he was put on spot, eyes watching him carefully.

"I just don't understand why a two-person clan is allowed to come to these meetings." She blinks, taking a seat once again and activating her sharingan.