im sorry || prologue

"H-hey Mr. Stark sir, people are reacting weirdly to the blip. That's what they c-call it now. They also talk about you a lot 'Iron Man; the mask that held the legend Tony Stark'. It's true  you are a legend. I-I'm trying to keep people safe, helping May with the homeless shelter too, Mrs Potts donated in your name. I'm sorry I couldn't be the hero you needed, I'm sorry to everyone that I let you slip through. I want to stop s-some days, throw it all away and be normal, b-but how can I be normal when there is no you to help people? I feel like I owe that to New York. I-I owe myself a break too right? I got badly beat up- well no a kid on a skateboard just hit me slightly as he went passed- I told him to stop but no h-he sped - Sorry you don't care about that. Happy told me that I should have just put a rock in front of the wheels, I didn't, I-I wanted to do it. 

I got asked 'W-will you be the next Iron Man? The ne-next Tony Stark?' All I wanted to say was 'N-No. No one compares to Mr Iron Man sir'. I'm so tired, alone, lost and what makes it worse is that I can't even go to Uncle Ben's grave without feeling guilty. I lost him at my own fault and now you sir. I'm sorry. So sorry for being a child you had to look after, you and Uncle Ben didn't deserve that. I-I didn't- didn't deserve you. I'm scared Uncle Ben will scold me for not being brave like I promised him. I don't want to keep letting people d-down then losing them before I can say 'I'm sorry'. 

No one will ever be the hero that you were sir, a-nd that scares me to the core."

➳➳➳➳➳

set: far from home

tony starks death still hurts peter and peter still takes the blame for it and when a new villian enters he wishes he was just a normal kid who could have his first relationship and build lego star wars with ned on the weekends instead of getting bruised up by angry criminals. the pressures weigh on the kid superhero, but he does what he can to make amends with tony stark while pretending he really isn't spiderman on his school trip in europe.

or

in which peter trusts the wrong guy because his pain clouds his judgement but along the way falls in love with the right guy who doesn't expect the world from peter. 

or

peter kisses the guy who gifts him flowers, but also pushed him over with his skateboard.

➳➳➳➳➳