Chapter 14

Never before had Olympus been so quiet. Aphrodite sat frozen with a mirror in her hand. Hermes had no witty phrase to deliver. Athena did not know what to say.

Percy's old friends sat statue-like in their seats. None of them moved. All of them pale.

I stood there without a doubt as dumbfounded as the rest of them. My new level of stupidity was something I did not know I possessed.

Zeus was the first to unfreeze. His fingers broke away from the goblet and it clattered to the table.
No one reacted.

"How can you say that?" Poseidon whimpered next to me.

"How can you say that, BOY?!" He raised his voice and pulled me to face him.

He grabbed the rim of my hood and pulled back but to no avail. I stood there, cemented into the spot by the despair in Poseidon's eyes.

Why would he react this way?

"Poseidon, let go of Silas Ronan," Zeus commanded in a monotone.

Reluctantly, the god of the oceans dropped his hand to his side. He looked over to his brother who seemed eerily poker faced.

"Silas Ronan, such antics will not be allowed here on Olympus. Percy Jackson is an enemy of the gods...he was sent to rot in Tartarus," Zeus continued in the same tone.

My heart skipped a beat and then did not really know what to do next. There was an incredible diversity of reactions. Some of the guests nodded in agreement with solemn face while others looked down in shame.

My mouth spoke before my mind could think properly. It seemed to keep on happening.
"Exactly, he was sent to Tartarus where the primordial discovered that he was in fact his long lost son. Me."

"Impossible. Sally is Percy's mother and I his father," Poseidon stated very quickly.

"How can you expect us to believe you? You said that Percy died years ago!" Nico cried out.

He was on his feet, his fingers dug into the table. I could see his scrawny arms shake with what must be either anger or extreme sadness.

A hopeless sigh escaped my lips. I nodded to myself as realisation struck. Slowly, my hands reached for the hood I had been wearing for years. Once I remove this veil I would be completely exposed. Vulnerable.

I pulled it down.

People gasped. Others covered their mouths with their hands.

All of them recognised the boy who would've done anything for them.

"Son?"

I shook my head, "Poseidon. The rest of you. I guess I have some explaining to do."

No one uttered a word.

"Well, as you can see. I was born from my father, Tartarus, a very long time ago but was despised by Gaia and she killed me out of jealousy. Or so my father throught. We do not know what happened to me but I was reborn as Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon. And when Percy was banished to the pit, my father found me and restored my memories."

"What happened to you face?" Someone laughed from the far end of the table.

My eyes met Aries's burning gaze and my soul darkened.

"That is none of you business, Aries."

"Oh, really? You've been lying to us since you came here. I think you owe us some truth."

Zeus voiced his support of Aries. A lot of the other gods joined them as well.

I rolled my eyes but I understood why they wanted some answers.

"Fine, I was cursed by some old crone and as I result these black veins formed all over my body."

I took my seat and watched the other very carefully. Most of them held no emotion but Zeus wasted no energy on hiding his feelings.

His eyebrows were arched and I could see the rage in his eyes. A snarl formed on his lips as he cleared his throat. Zeus and Hera shared a glance and then the king turned back to me.

He grumbled, "So, if I am understanding this correctly. You are the son of Tartarus but then you were 'reborn' as Percy Jackson?"

I nodded.

"And then you turned back to your old self again after we sent Percy to the pit."

"Exactly," I agreed with him.

Some concern stirred in my stomach. A feeling of something being wrong formed.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong," Zeus placed his hand on his torso,"you knew all along about that the relationship between us and Percy Jackson. And still you  decided to keep it from us."

No. No. No.

"Ze-"

"NO! You have deceived us. You have betrayed Olympus once more. Leave now before I strike you down!"

His words pierced my heart like a shard of ice. The pain was so overwhelming that I doubled over for a minute before regaining my composure.

How can this be happening? Noooooo!

"Silas Ronan, I will only tell you once!"

Zeus's lightning bolt formed in his hand and he directed it at me. I could feel the enegry rolling from it. It wanted to tear me apart.

My eyes swept around me, desperatley begging for some form of support. They found none. Some eyes seemed sad.

But no one spoke up. No one.

"Fine. But you'll regret this!"

I could have smited them all then and there. But to me there was no use in that. It wouldn't make me feel better.

No, to find my peace there was only one option.

I got to my feet and balled my fist. Darkness leaked from my hand, consuming my body. Then I dissolved into darkness. My body searched for a new location to materialize.
I felt Tartarus a long distance away.
Then I felt something else and my formless body dived towards it.

My body solidified in a forest. Monsters surrounded me. I walked past the monster who stood back in surprise or maybe even fear.

A sick smile danced on his lips, "Good to see you, Silas Ronan."