Fair enough.

"Okay." I nodded as she let her hand drop from my mouth. "I'll go use some mouthwash then because now I can't stop thinking about kissing you."

She smiled weakly and I wrapped my arm around her before we walked back inside.

I pushed off my shoes after closing the door, and walked out into the bathroom while Ember followed behind.

"I need a shower." She commented as she took off the blanket and started folding it. She placed it on the toilet seat before pulling her oversized t-shirt off.

Well, my t-shirt.

Meanwhile, I flushed my mouth with some mouthwash.

"You can join me." She said, putting the shirt on top of the blanket. "I miss showering with you."

She walked up behind me, only wearing her knickers as she ran her hand up my back, then slipped them back down and around me.

I watched her through the mirror, lifting my arm to take a look at her and she looked adorable — her eyes closed as she hugged me.

I turned a little, wrapping my arm around her shoulders, pressing a kiss to her head.

"Maybe moving to Romania one day would be nice." She said before tilting her head back to look up at me. She ran her hand to the nape of my neck and tilted her head before kissing me.

The rest of the day went by with just the two of us relaxing in each other's company. After we showered together and she insisted on washing my hair, we cuddled on the sofa in the living room, a blanket around us while I read to her.

The next day, she wasn't feeling as good as the previous day. She had woken up in the middle of the night, crying because of her brother being in a coma, so I cuddled her back to sleep until we then woke up in the morning.

Ember took another shower. It seemed to be one of the things that helped her get through everything right now. So while she showered, I made us breakfast and that, we ate in silence.

Healer Albu came around noon to check up on Ember and her pregnancy. She told us the pregnancy was still looking very healthy and that soon, we'd be out of the first trimester which meant the chances of miscarriage would decrease.

She also wrote the genders of our twins in an envelope so we could find out when it was just the two of us alone. That's where we are right now.

Ember was biting her lip nervously, standing with a hand on her bump, the other resting in her hair. Her eyes were focused on the envelope in my hand. I was waiting for her to give me green light to open it.

This was on her terms. I wasn't going to open it unless she told me to. She wanted me to read what it said, but she needed to gather courage. She was nervous about it, yet excited.

"What if it's two girls?" she asked. "Would you be able to handle that because I know how you get when I'm in the middle of my cycle–"

"Babe I get like that because I'm scared of you." I said. "I don't wanna risk getting my ball cut off."

"But if this is two girls." she said, rubbing her bump. "They'll have cycles and I don't want you being uncomfortable at home, meaning you stay late at work and–"

"Ember." I chuckled. "That is not going to happen."

She nodded slowly.

"Alright... what if it's two boys then? And they inherit Fred and George's lust for adventure? I don't know how your mum did it but I can't have two toddlers run around and set off firework."

I leaned against the armrest of the sofa, staring at Ember who was slowly panicking about this.

"They won't have access to firework, dar–"

"What if George gives the firework for their third birthday?" I asked. "And they– what if it's one of each and they'll grow up hating each other like Jimmy and Ada."

I frowned as I reached for Ember's hand and pulled her over to stand between my spread legs.

"Jimmy and Ada love each other." I said. "They're close."

"Yeah, now they are." she nodded. "But growing up, they always fucking fought and Jimmy was a fucking dick."

I wrapped my arms around Ember's body and leaned down to press a kiss to her clothed baby bump before I rested my head against her chest while she wrapped her arms around my head.

"What if no matter the gender, they'll be wild? I mean... look at our families. All the twins are wild. Fred and George were wild... Brazier and Romany..."

She sighed and the mention of her younger brothers.

"Open the envelope." she then told me, unwrapping her arms to look down at me while I leaned my head back a little.

"You sure?" I asked. "You're ready?"

She nodded.

"Yes."

I gave a small smile as I brought the envelope up between us and opened it, pulling out the white sheet of paper. I slowly unfolded it before reading the two words.

A smile spread on my face, now knowing the gender.

"Charlie... hit me." Ember said, closing her eyes while I looked up at her. "What genders?"

I couldn't stop smiling. I knew the genders and I got to tell her. That was one of the best things a father-to-be could experience.

"We're having a...–"

-

I am so sorry...