Four

Monday mornings were the worst. I woke up around six like usual, talked with Mahlon while he got ready to leave for work and I helped him get Amber ready as well. Then around seven, the two of them left. Mahlon would drop Amber off at school most mornings before getting to the ministry for work. Other morning I would drop Amber off before getting to Diagon Alley myself. This morning wasn't one of those. No, as they were getting ready to leave, Avalon would wake up and say goodbye to her husband and her daughter before saying good morning to me.

At around a quarter to eight, I apparated to my boutique and started getting ready for opening. I unpacked some boxes for the shop and got some paperwork ready in my office. I was thinking about hiring someone else to the publishing company. Right now I was drowning in work from my own biography so I needed someone who had experience who could help with some of the other clients.

Calypso and Valencia didn't have experience with publishing. They worked with selling books and other items in the shop which was out front of the offices and I wasn't gonna have them work in the publishing part of the company. Sure, they're my sisters and I love and trust them but again – they're not experienced with publishing people's books.

"Good morning my beautiful sister." Valencia's voice came from the door at the same time as the bell rang. I glanced towards her, smiling before I turned back to restocking shelves with books that just came in on Friday. "I just met Mr Lovegood outside."

"Oh you did?"

"Uh-huh." she nodded, taking off her jacket to hang it on the coat rack. "He was wondering if you'd like to partner up with the Quibbler."

"The Quibbler?" I frowned. "I thought they started working with the Daily Prophet during the war."

I looked at Valencia again as she walked over to join me in putting books on the shelves. I couldn't see why Mr Lovegood would want to partner with me when he just started partnering with the Daily Prophet not long ago. And I'm a publisher, not a paper.

"It was Luna's idea." Valencia informed me. "She thinks having you as the paper's publisher would be great publicity for them. Thinks it would have the opportunity to get bigger and better."

"Did you tell Mr Lovegood that I publish books, not papers or magazines for that sake." I chuckled.

"Maybe it's time to change that." she said. "I'm sure you'd make more money if you partnered with papers and magazines too."

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. The bell rang and I turned towards the door to see Calypso enter. She smiled but didn't interrupt as she saw that Valencia and I were in conversation.

"If I took the Quibbler on, I would make enemies with the Daily Prophet." I told her. "I don't know, Val. I'll think about it."

"That's all I'm asking." she smiled. "But send Luna a letter, yeah? She's at Hogwarts, in case you didn't know."

"No, I know." I nodded. "Brazier and Romany are in the same year."

Our younger brothers went back to Hogwarts a few days ago after easter break. They know Luna very well and I think both of them quite fancy her if I have to be honest. Who can blame them though? Luna's a sweetheart.

"I'll write her and tell her I'll think about it." I said. "I should probably write her father too."

I greeted Calypso before I walked to my office was was one out of three in the back of the shop. I closed the door behind me and found my glasses, placing them on the bridge of my nose before I took a seat behind my desk. I hadn't been in my office for months. I had been using one of the others and now I knew why.