Twelve

"You look ridiculous." He laughed, watching me as I jumped around the bed with a pout of my face because he said no to go on an adventure.

"I wanna go to the forest!" I told him. "I wanna look at the flowers and pick some apples!"

"And I'd like to go." He smiled, placing his hands on his hips while I stopped jumping. "But I gotta get to Romania. I have a longer work day but I'll be off at the same time."

"Yeah and you're leaving two hours early." I said, rolling my eyes. I threw myself onto my butt and sighed as I looked up at him. "It's getting so boring, Charlie. We always do the same stuff. You wake up and get yourself ready, you leave for work and I stay downstairs, taking care of my business."

Charlie smiled as he leaned his arm against the doorframe, above his head, his other hand staying on his hip.

"And you're doing a great job being a business woman." He told me. "The hottest one I've ever laid eyes in."

I pouted shyly and looked down at the bed while I pulled my legs up to fold them.

"Am I really?"

"Yes." He confirmed before he threw the pair of trousers at me that he had been holding. "Now get dressed, you idiot. I've made some breakfast. I'll see you tonight, yeah?"

"Yeah." I breathed before I looked at him again with a faint smile. "I love you Charlie."

"I love you more Emmy."

My thoughts were interrupted when the sound of a bird crashing into my balcony, filled the room, causing me to sit up. I got up from my bed and laughed softly when I saw what it was.

The Weasley's post owl, Errol. Always crashing into windows. Always has been a clumsy one.

"What in the world are you doing?" I chuckled softly when I opened the door. He got to his small feet and dropped the letter. "Wait here, Errol."

I went and got him some food and water so he didn't have to fly all the way back home to the Burrow without getting something to eat and drink first.

Then I picked up the envelope. It was addressed from Ginny and Harry, though Ginny was at Hogwarts and Harry was here in London as an Auror.

Must be Molly.

I opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of parchment which I unfolded while I stared at it curiously.

Together with their families

Ginevra Weasley
and
Harry Potter

Invite you to their marriage celebration.

Saturday, the twenty-first of August nineteen-ninety-nine at three o'clock in the afternoon at the Burrow.

Dinner to follow.

"Oh shit." I muttered to myself as I ran a few fingers over my lips. "They're really getting married."

I glanced at Errol who was eating, not hearing a word I was saying. Then again, he's an owl.

"Why am I talking to you?" I asked. "I really have gone crazy."

I sighed and looked down at the invitation again. Charlie was definitely gonna be there, but he wasn't gonna be the reason for me not showing up.