Ch.19 Future Foundation

~Y/n pov~

We found another video recording of Nagito. He told us the password to that old building.

The password was 11037.

So, we all headed there to find out for ourselves.

~*~

When we made it inside, we were in what looked to be another trial ground.

Monokuma turned up and told us the timer had hit zero.

Everything felt weird. It was like the world kept glitching...like some sort of game.

Monokuma sent us off to find clues. The deal was we'd find as many clues as we could, to find out the truth of this world and defeat the mastermind...whatever that meant.

~*~

INVESTIGATION START

Reserve Department (予備学科について)

A department populated by Reserve Course students who took general entrance exams, in contrast to the Main Department which recruited Ultimate-level students. Established to secure funds for Hope's Peak Academy.

Tragedy of Hope's Peak (希望ヶ峰学園史上最大最悪の事件)

Hope's Peak Academy invested all their resources to create Izuru Kamukura, the Ultimate Hope. Izuru was later involved in an incident in which he brutally murdered 13 members of the student council. Despite the academy's efforts to conceal this incident, a certain someone took advantage of this incident to provoke the dissatisfied Reserve Department students into rising against the academy.

The Tragedy (人類史上最大最悪の絶望的事件)

This hopeless event was caused by a group known as Ultimate Despair, and was responsible for completely destroying Hope's Peak Academy. Through their utter devotion to a certain person, they brainwashed the masses and filled countless people with despair.

Ultimate Despair (超高校級の絶望)

This term was adopted by the group responsible for causing The Tragedy. But in actuality, it originally referred to a certain female high school student named...Junko Enoshima.

Killing School Life (コロシアイ学園生活)

As part of The Tragedy, Junko Enoshima forced the students of Hope's Peak Academy to kill each other, filmed their deeds with the school's surveillance cameras, and broadcasted it to the entire world.

The Academy's Survivors (希望ヶ峰学園の生き残り)

According to the report from the Future Foundation, there are apparently 15 people who are identified as the survivors of Hope's Peak Academy.

Remnants of Despair (絶望の残党)

Even after Junko Enoshima's death, an influential group known as the Remnants of Despair still exists. Unless they are stopped, The Tragedy will never end.

List of Subjects (被験者リスト)

Everyone's names are written under this "List of Subjects". The list is written on a clipped newspaper article. The article was about a woman who looked like a fully grown version of Hiyoko Saionji.

The Academy's Founder (学園の創始者)

The placard on the portrait hanging in the office said, "Hope's Peak Academy Founder — Izuru Kamukura."

Hope Cultivation Plan (希望育成計画)

For many years, Hope's Peak Academy attempted to create "true hope" by consolidating the results of all their research.

E-mail to Makoto Naegi (苗木誠へのメール)

To Future Foundation 14th Division - Makoto Naegi
"Where are you guys? What are you doing right now? What you're doing is a serious act of treason. Do you understand? Why are you protecting the Remnants of Despair? It should be abundantly clear to you how dangerous it is to keep these people alive. Stay calm and think about this carefully. You guys are being lied to. Think carefully about what's important to bring the light of hope to the world. The six of you joined the Future Foundation because you agreed with our ideals, right? The Future Foundation rescued you from the tragedy you survived and helped you recover your memories. Immediately return the Remnants of Despair to our headquarters. Unless we eliminate them, The Tragedy will never end... Everything...is for the sake of a future filled with hope..."

Neo World Program (新世界プログラム)

The Neo World Program has another name... Psychotherapeutic Communication Simulator. The Neo World Program is built with the most recent psychotherapy technology and administrative software. To develop the Neo World Program... Many talented people's research results were utilized to develop the Neo World Program. By mounting a device to the cranium, the Neo World Program allows its subjects to experience a 'Synthetic Virtual World.' Additionally, the Neo World Program has another feature. It can replace memories formed in the real world with information contained in the synthetic virtual world... Therefore, it is possible to undo trauma sustained in the real world through the use of the virtual world. However, this device is for psychotherapeutic purposes only. Any other use is expressly forbidden. Though it is highly effective in treating brainwashing, abusing the device risks total personality destruction.

Observers (監視者)

In the Neo World Program, two Observers take on the role of teacher and student respectively. An enormous amount of authority is given to the teacher Observer, including the power to create rules within the program.

11037 (11037)

The password to enter the ancient ruin. Even the teacher doesn't know it. For the person who set up this password, this number is very meaningful to them.

Shutdown Sequence (強制シャットダウン)

Part 1: A special command that can be used during the graduation exam. If you use this, you can override the Observer and forcibly escape from the Neo World Program. Not even the teacher Observer can prevent that.

Part 2: If they choose the shutdown sequence, Hajime and others will forget their current memories and return to despair. The sleeping bodies of their dead friends will never awaken. Junko will be unable to escape from the Neo World Program and will be deleted.

Vision of Nagito (狛枝のヴィジョン)

A memory of the past. Nagito's arm seems unnatural somehow...

Future Foundation's Origins (未来機関の成り立ち)

To combat the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in human history, the graduates of Hope's Peak Academy were among the many who established the Future Foundation.

Graduate (卒業)

If they press Graduate, Hajime and the others will return to their original bodies and keep their current memories. Junko will be uploaded into the bodies of their dead friends

Nihil (虚無)

Surging emotions
Gentle words

Hope should be expected

Despair should be ended

Bullets should be fired

Nothing exists

Future (未來)

"If you just do it, things will turn out okay." As he experienced the enlightenment of believing in himself, Hajime Hinata truly became Hajime Hinata.

~*~

_____________________________________
1086 words

A/n we are nearing the end