Ch.14 Final dead room

~Y/n pov~

It was the next day. I wonder if Nagito is doing the final dead room now...

I headed to grape tower with Chiaki.

*ding dong dong ding*

"A body has been discovered!"

There it was... Mechamaru's battered, metal body.

Akane ran over to Nekomaru and cradled his head to her chest. His head wasn't attached to the rest of his body.

"Why? Why is Nekomaru...? Why did he have to die again?" Akane muttered, "Dammit.... I never paid you back."

Tears started to roll down her cheeks.

Monokuma gave us all a bit of food. Everyone hungrily devoured it.

Eating again made me feel sick after not eating for what was probably a few days.

Then, it was time for the investigation.

~*~

INVESTIGATION START

Monokuma File #4 (モノクマファイル4)

The victim is Nekomaru Nidai, AKA "Mechamaru" after his robotic transformation. His body was discovered in Grape Tower, which is inside the Funhouse. His head is severely damaged and beyond repair, so that shall be considered the cause of death. Despite the fact that his arms and legs are dismembered. These limbs were actually designed to be detachable, and it seems they separated due to a severe impact. Aside from that, several other areas of this body are damaged. Because of this, many of his functions seem to have shut down.

Wire (ワイヤー)

Nekomaru's body and left leg were tied with a metal wire. The tip of that wire was also tied into a loop.

Good Night Button (オヤスミスイッチ)

A button on the back of Nekomaru's neck. When this button is pressed, all of Nekomaru's functions cease and he is forced to enter sleep mode.

Oil on the Floor (床に広がったオイル)

Oil that was flowing out of Nekomaru's body. The majority of it came from his fatal head wound.

Tipped Over Pillar (倒れた柱)

One of the pillars on the side of the door was tipped over. The damaged area of the pillar was also stained. It was so heavy that even two people couldn't budge it.

New-Looking Hammer (新品っぽいハンマー)

An enormous hammer found on the floor of the tower. It was completely clean, almost as if it was brand-new.

Chain (チェーン)

A chain was wrapped around the handles of the door at the back of Grape Tower.

Akane's Account (終里の証言)

Apparently Akane heard a rumbling noise at around 5:30 a.m.

Pillar Fragments (柱の破片)

A lot of small pieces of stone were scattered underneath Nekomaru's body. However, there were no fragments on top of his body.

Fuyuhiko's Account (九頭龍の証言)

Apparently Fuyuhiko saw Nekomaru walking toward the 1st floor of Strawberry House at 5:00 a.m.

Wall Clock (壁掛け時計)

At 5:30 a.m., the alarm of wall clock in the lounge on Strawberry House's 2nd floor starting going off. Fuyuhiko was at the lounge by coincidence and managed to stop the alarm, but Kazuichi and Gundham rushed to the lounge after being alerted by the sound. However, Nagito was apparently the only one who didn't hear it...

Contact Elevator (連絡エレベーター)

The contact elevator used to move between both houses was broken and no longer worked. It was apparently broken at the Grape House side, so the last person to use it would've arrived at Grape House.

Strawberry Hall's Button (イチゴ回廊のスイッチ)

The button in Strawberry Hall that opens the door leading to the tower was broken.

Nagito's Sudden Appearance (突然現れた狛枝)

Nagito was supposed to be at Strawberry House, but he appeared at Grape House via some unknown method. The contact elevator should've been broken...

Kazuichi's Account (左右田の証言)

Apparently the compass's needle spun 180 degrees while it was inside the contact elevator.

Clock's Alarm (アラームタイマー)

Nekomaru's used this alarm clock to recover from sleep mode. The clock's arms are stopped at around 7:30, and the alarm was set to 7:30 as well.

Radio Clock (電波時計)

The clock in Nekomaru's chest receives radio waves at fixed intervals, and automatically adjusts itself if its time is off. Basically, it's an amazingly precise clock that can't be tampered with, not even to set the time.

Broken Doorknob (壊れたドアノブ)

A doorknob found under the tipped over pillar. The screws at the base are pulled out, and there are some scratch marks on the knob itself.

Strange Feeling In Tower (タワー内の違和感)

Regardless of whether you enter the tower from Grape Hall or Strawberry Hall, the placement of Nekomaru's body, the tipped over pillar, the oil stains, and even the dissambled parts Kazuichi arranged look exactly the same.

~*~

_____________________________________
810 words

A/n idk what to write about to make this longer not much happened in the funhouse tbh