9. Have you any idea how badly I want to kiss you?

Start from the beginning

Walking towards Brett, he watched my every move with that hooded gaze. I stopped standing before him. My eyes on his as he stared down at me longingly. I didn't know how to comfort or relax him. The only way I could think was highly inappropriate.

"Is there anything that I can do?", My voice came out gentler than expected, and much sweeter. It was child-like. I almost cringed physically at the sound of it. Brett stiffened and I noticed it immediately. Oh god. Had I annoyed him?

Brett didn't reply straight away, instead his eyes slowly roamed down my body, taking in my outfit. I dismissed the urge to explain why I'd dressed so professionally, but instead let my hands fall to the side of my body as he checked out my clothes and hopefully, my curves too.

I let him look over me and I stood taller, waiting for him to speak. I felt like a little girl, waiting for his approval.

"You look...", His voice was hoarse, and in no way modulated as it usually were. "Nice.", He swallowed again. I smiled at the choosing of the word.

"Don't I always?", I teased, smiling up at him. His gaze snapped to mine, leaving my legs feeling even more bare now. I missed his eyes on my body, I wanted him to enjoy what he was seeing. God knows that he deserved a distraction.

I wouldn't mind playing that role.

"No, of course!", He shook his head, clearly frustrated with himself. "I mean you look mature.", He regretted that sentence before it even came out of his mouth. His eyes widened and he laughed huskily, his eyes glancing back down to the prominent curves of my body before finding the floor. "That sounds so bad coming out of my mouth.", He ran a hand over his rough face.

"It doesn't sound bad at all," I whisper.

Brett said nothing, he just looked down at me, his face almost void of emotion. But his eyes said all that I needed to know.

Bravely, I reached out one hand and took his hand in mine. He tensed under my touch, but his gaze dropped to where my hand held his. He didn't move away. He didn't pull his hand away and I was thankful.

That look in his eyes as he watched me gently caress the top of his hand with my thumb. That look in his eyes was wrong - it was so wrong, in so many ways. I didn't care though. I welcomed it and bathed in it. I reached forward again with my second hand and took his other in that hand, mirroring the same gentle caress there too.

His gaze shifted between both of our interlocked hands. He didn't squeeze my hands, or move his thumb against my delicate skin, he just simply watched. I could hear his breathing ragged and unsteady and I knew that he felt whatever it was that I felt.

I wanted to say something. I wanted to say something that could let him know that I was okay with it. I was okay with how he looked at me, and that he saw me for what I was. A woman.

Everybody was so used to seeing me as a teenager and only a child, but he hadn't seen me for years. I just showed up at his door as a woman - It wasn't wrong for him to see me that way. As an adult, a mature woman. It was what I am.

He didn't need to feel bad. I didn't want him to feel bad, but I couldn't say it aloud. I wanted too but I just couldn't. He didn't have to look at me as if he was afraid of what I felt.

"I trust you Brett," My own voice nearly failed me. It was almost inaudible. But when his eyes found mind again and fixed me with that intense stare, I knew he had heard me.

This was so wrong. We were touching, physically touching. We'd exchanged glances before, but we'd never let it go this far. We were only holding hands, but it was something more than anything we'd allowed happen before.

It was more and we both knew it.

A few more silent moments passed, and then his large hands finally relaxed into my touch. His thumb taking control, thumbing the top of my own hands. His fingers were rough and yet so tentative at the same time. So sensual and yet so... hot. I'd beg on my knees to feel those fingers on my skin. I'd beg on my knees to feel them touch me everywhere else.

My breath hitched in my throat when he moved one of my hands to his chest. It was such a small action but it still made my body burn and my mind scream for more. That familiar ache had grown so strong between my thighs that it hurt. It throbbed for him. I throbbed for him.

Brett released my hand on his chest, and I laid my palm flat across his chest. It was where his tattoo lay. Shut up and take it. But there was nothing rough about the way he was looking at me, or the way my hand laid against his chest so gently. It was soft and gentle. The look in his eyes was fuelled with desire, but also something more - deeper.

His second hand released my own, and let it fall limp to my side. That second hand moved to my waist, gently touching the thin material there with the tips of his fingers. His eyes focused on where his fingers touched, as if he was hating it with his entire being.

I swallowed and watched his eyes watching his hand touch me. His jaw was so tensed and his eyebrows furrowed with frustration. Anger. I wanted him to take it out on me, whatever he was so angry about.

"Have you any fucking idea how badly I want to kiss you?", his husky voice croaked out in pain. His blue eyes snapped to mine, and I felt the need to drop to my knees right then and there. He'd never admitted anything out loud before.

Neither had I... But there was no going back.

I licked my dry lips and shook my head so slowly, I was afraid that If I moved to fast it would snap him out of this trance, and he would leave me again. Alone and frustrated. I didn't want to be frustrated anymore. I wanted him.

His voice was sinful, so sinful and inviting that it should be a crime for him to speak to me.

"Badly," He admitted, his voice hoarse. "So fucking badly," his fingers finally dug into my waist, gripping me tightly now, as if he was afraid that I'd disappear. He swallowed and his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips. I'd been biting my bottom lip so hard that the pain flowed through my entire body.

I gasped as he pulled my body closer to his. My fingers clutching his shirt on his chest as he did.

And the next words the fell from my lips changed everything.

"Then do it."

Oh shit! I feel like this is too soon? But it's just a kiss, and it hasn't even happened yet ;) Sooo, what are we thinking ladies and gents? Brett can totally get it. I'd fall to my knees for him, that's for damn sure.

Will they kiss? Or not? Dot. Dot. Dot.

Find out in next weeks episode - just kidding!

Please vote and comment, it helps me out a lot. So thankful for everyone reading this! :)