Chapter 77 - Can I murder her? Can I please murder her?

Start from the beginning

"I hope the Giant Squid doesn't mind me littering his home", he chuckled before grabbing my hand again. It had been a long time since I had seen him so carefree. There was a lot of sadness, of course, as we mourned over Tracey and professor Lupin and even mourning over the death of Draco's aunt, but he seemed more relaxed. There was no pressure anymore. No one expected anything from us and all that we had to care for was ourselves.

"Draco, do you really want to marry me someday?" I asked seriously. He looked down with a slight frown, but the smile still lingered on his lips.

"Yeah, of course. D'you think I'm looking to replace you?"

"I sure hope not", I bumped his shoulder. I knew he wouldn't. He was ready to give up everything for me. His own life, his beliefs, his family, all for me. There was no one else for him and I didn't feel any shame for admitting that, because there was no one else for me either. Him and I were something for the end of times. We had to let go far too often. I wouldn't let that happen anymore.

"If that's what you want at least. You're the one who's saying yes or no", Draco shrugged, taking my other hand in his as well, tracing the bracelet on my wrist with his index finger.

"It is what I want, but I want to keep my last name", I said firmly. He looked up and frowned.

"You do?"

I nodded. All my life I've felt like I wasn't a true Selwyn, like I didn't deserve the name. I tried so hard to fit the mold and it never seemed to work out. But I've realised something, something important. I wasn't the problem. All along, my parents were the problem. The Selwyn name means power, strength and stability. I think I deserve that. I think that I displayed strength when sticking by my personal beliefs, by not letting them poison my mind. I want to keep the Selwyn name and redefine it. I want to redefine what it means to be a Selwyn. I want to finally stop doubting whether I deserve the name or not, because I do, I know I do. It's my parents who didn't deserve it."

Draco looked at me while I spoke, a look of admiration in his eyes. His thumbs gently rubbed the backs of my hands.

"I love you so incredibly much", he whispered before pulling me close, pressing his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled as his lips fit mine like a perfect puzzle. I regretted a lot of things in my life, but I would never regret choosing Draco over and over again. And I would choose him for the rest of my days.

I heard the familiar sound of apparition and when I looked up, Kreacher was standing a couple yards away, a piece of parchment in his hand.

"Everything okay, Kreacher?" I frowned. Kreacher had led the elves into battle and by some miracle, none of them got seriously injured. He really was a good elf, some people just failed to see it.

"Master has been requested at the Ministry. Your presence is requested for a special hearing."

"When is the hearing?" I frowned. At whose hearing was I supposed to be present. My father would remain in Azkaban for life, exactly where I wanted him. I used to feel guilty about him being there because I thought it was my fault, but it wasn't. He was a shitty person, that was the problem and he deserved to rot in that place.

"The hearing is right now, Master." I sighed and nodded.

"You want to come with me?" I asked Draco, who nodded.

Kreacher grabbed onto our legs as he closed his eyes, apparating us to the Ministry.

"It's right this way, Master, through that door", Kreacher said, leading us through the hallway. I was surprised at the people gathered in the hearing room. On the left was newly appointed Minister for Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt talking to Granger and the mother of the Weasleys. On the right were two guards, holding a cuffed and squirming Dolores Umbridge.