Chapter 26

You walked to the grand opening of Hogwarts, making your way to the courtyard. There were so many people that you thought it was the most Hogwarts has ever had. You believed that this amount of people wouldn't fit in the Great Hall. You walked along, making your way around some house elves that were trembling under a huge tree. You frowned, watching them run around and cowering with fear. You continued to walk carefully over to the destroyed courtyard, observing the bodies that were lying still on the floor. 

"Expelliarmus!"

"Protgeo!"

"Levicorpus!" 

You were hearing all of these curses and charms all around you. Feeling in a daze, as if in a trance, you continued to walk, not knowing where your legs were taking you. Something was missing inside of you knowing that Harry was possibly being killed. A hole dug in your heart. You continued to walk, feeling your side hurting horribly like a cramp you would get when you ran for a long time. You placed your hands forcefully on it, not daring to look at the horrible gash. It was worth it because you saved Fred's life. You wish you could save others as well. 

"Y/n." 

You turned, not knowing why someone called for you so silently. You looked around you but no one was making any obvious threats to you. You continued to walk over the muddy ground, looking around alertly every once in a while. Then, the voice came again. 

"Y/n." 

You looked around again, trying to figure out who was reaching out to you. No one was around you, but the voice was becoming more distant by the minute as you reached closer to the Forbidden Forest. You struggled to see what was inside because of the enormous trolls towering over the tall trees from the forest. It was as if they were guarding whatever was happening in the forest. 

"Y/n!" 

You turned around this time, to the voice that felt like they were right next to you. No one was there, again. You were starting to get frustrated, you thought that your mind was playing tricks on you. You decided to run. As you ran, you spotted some students yelling about a fire that was spreading wildly on the ruins.

"Aguamenti!" You casted, a jet of water springing off your wand. The fire made a sizzling sound as it was being controlled by the fountain of water you casted. The students that were in a panic took this chance to flee. The fire died down and a bright light shot at the corner of your eye. 

You jerked your head to that direction, following with your head up in the air. A green light was casted in the air, a chill and eerie silence filled the many people that were watching the same thing you were. A chilling scream pierced through the air and your heart dropped; it sounded just like Harry's. 

"Harry?" You gasped, trying to quiet your pounding heart. You felt sick to your stomach, trying to excuse that scream from not being Harry's. But, the scream and the green light that flashed, made it impossible for it to be someone else. You were sobbing, accompanied with some others that were staring at you hurl over on the ground. You were broken, your heart shattering to millions of pieces, not even knowing what happened in the Forbidden Forest. Harry died. 

"Y/n!" Hermione yelled, running towards you with Ron, both tear stricken and red. Their feet were the only pounding sounds, accompanied with your heart, that were making noise in the courtyard. They met you, not knowing what to say, as in lost of words. The tears were dropping to the dry ground, while everyone was still, even the ones that were in the Dark side. It was as if everyone was moving through Jell-O, everyone's movements were slowed or robotic. What was happening? 

Ron held your head from striking to the hard ground. "Y/n? I... I," Ron sobbed, his back hunched towards you and Hermione patting his head while crying herself. The three of you were a mess, everyone's bones felt entirely heavy now. The weight of the tired muscles and the lack of sleep started to come up to everyone now. The exhaustion. The fatigue. It infected everyone like a plague.