Chapter 74 - Battle of Hogwarts Pt 1

ابدأ من البداية

"Professor, what do you think I'm going to do? I'm simply trying to help! I'm not on their side", I said shocked.

"And your boyfriend isn't either?" she asked, raising her eyebrows, then looking at Draco. I clenched my jaw. I hadn't expected her to be so prejudiced. I was used to it, though, everyone was prejudiced. I guess I just had to show them exactly what I wanted them to know.

"Come on", I told Draco and grabbed his hand again. We walked to the prefects and updated them on the situation. They quickly dispersed as the panic was so obvious now. Not even ten minutes later, huge streams of students walked in, all looking completely one edge, but not saying a word.

"Where is Snape?" I asked Draco as I noticed the absence of the Headmaster.

"The Carrow twins aren't here either. They might have left to join Voldemort", Draco whispered. We walked towards the Slytherin prefects who were leading Slytherin house into the Great Hall. I spotted Tracey and Daphne and ran up to them.

"Oh, Merlin, Lea, what's going on?" Tracey asked, a panicky look in her eyes.

"Death Eaters are coming. Potter is here somewhere and they want him."

"Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, we're all going to die", Tracey panicked. Blaise was immediately at her side and pulled her into a hug to calm her down. Daphne was incredibly quiet, looking into the distance. I put my hand on her shoulder, which pulled her out of her own thoughts.

"You okay?" I asked, squeezing her arm softly.

"Yeah, you?" she asked, forcing out a smile. I nodded even though I was far from okay. I was scared, really scared, but honesty was not very beneficial at the moment.

"Quiet please!" McGonagall's voice sounded through the Great Hall. Not even a moment later, the doors opened again and a very battered looking Potter, Weasley and Granger stood in the opening, along with a few other people I vaguely recognised. The Weasley twins were among them.

Potter walked up to McGonagall and they spoke a few words before McGonagall nodded and looked at the student body again.

"The school is under attack by Lord Voldemort and his supporters. All students who are not of age yet will be escorted out of the school to a safe place. Students who are of age can choose to stay here and fight or leave with the other students. The choice is yours. Mister Filch and Madam Pomfrey will escort you all out", she said. There were panicky voices. This time they weren't interrupted by McGonagall's voice, but by a far scarier one.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

It was quiet for a long time as everyone tried to get rid of the cold, eerie feeling that Voldemort's voice had left behind. His voice chilled you to the bone and left you completely and utterly unhappy.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy Parkinson shrieked. Of course she would. But what happened next surprised me.

People started raising their wands, first the Gryffindors, but soon also the Hufflepuffs and the Ravenclaws. Not just at Pansy, but at the entire Slytherin house.

"I think it seems fit that we also escort the entirety of Slytherin house out of here", McGonagall's voice rang as she stepped in front of Harry. The entirety of Slytherin house? But I wanted to fight! I wanted to stay here and fight these people who had hurt me so deeply. I was not going to stand by and watch everything unfold.