Aside from all this, I just realized that I am again struck under a heavy scrutiny due to her desire to reach Class A. I turned back to leave the place before anyone could find me. Suddenly I heard footsteps, hiding beside the vending machine I waited.

It was Sakagami sensei heading to join the other teachers, once he was gone I left the place and returned towards my room. It was already past midnight so most of them were asleep and I was slightly glad to find Kouenji asleep as well. What bothered me was that Hirata was still awake.

"You are rather late, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Yeah, a bit. Can you explain to me the situation about the Monkey group?" I asked him. Yukimura who was supposedly asleep propped himself up.

"This guy here; sleeping like a log. He just answered for the whole Monkey group on a whim," Yukimura said as he pointed towards Kouenji, he was trembling as if he was on edge.

"I see." So it was Kouenji who pulled the traitor on the Monkey group. Knowing him I would guess he did it to save himself time and effort for the incoming days. The whole exam has moved just by a single stroke of Kouenji.

First day has ended with things moving faster than expected, even if I give it my all in this test it is still hard to operate outside my group. I need to have more sets of eyes and ears on my side to tackle the test as a whole, but I don't have any obligation to put in the work so I will sit back.

After some discussion we all slept since it was already past midnight. The second day, Dragon group gathered again as per the scheduled time. We all played the same game of King, Minister, Thief and Police. This time Class B had two students participating, Matsushita represented our class while Shiina Hiyori from Class C showed up.

The role of King went to Shiina Hiyori, even by coincidence it is extremely lucky for Class C to get the role of King twice in a row. That role solves all your problems for that round, you can just sit back and look at the Police and Thief struggle, as they pull their hairs out trying to crack the round for mere five hundred points while you are cozy with a thousand points guaranteed.

The round concluded and Class B guessed Matsushita correctly as the Thief, the reason being simple. One of the Class B students was the Police and the other was the Minister, so the Minister just needed to hint the Police a little that the other individual was the Thief; once that was done trust between the classmates would carry them to victory. Matsushita was pretty helpless in a situation like this, but she didn't seem to mind it.

The next round was my turn, the papers were distributed and everyone received their roles. Unfortunately, I was the Police.

Class B representative was the King and now I needed to identify the Thief among the individuals Kaneda Satoru and Sonoda Masashi. While Kaneda peered into my eyes through his glasses, it was pretty obvious that Sonoda was the Thief since he was already having a hard time keeping it together.

At a moment like this it is hard to decide the correct choice that would avoid suspicion from Class C, if I guess it correctly at once then it might raise suspicion. But even if I guess wrong on purpose it can backfire. All eyes were set on me and the time was passing more quickly than expected.

Everyone was convinced of my indecisiveness as a minute had passed and still I was just staring at both individuals without any signs of answering, my guess is that Sonoda was put into this group based on his academics but he has poor acting skills. Not answering in an easy situation like this might make it obvious I was not trying to answer, unlike Sonoda I didn't have the test scores to back up my reasoning to be in this group, I must show some other abilities to keep people convinced. And that ability would be. . ..