Chapter 11- Captain

Start from the beginning

Chewing the corner of my lip, I kneeled and grabbed the clothes, checking names one by one. Michael, Chester, Enoch!!

Where the hell is his t-shirt!

Max!

Ugh! Why couldn’t I find his t-shirt?

I checked again and this time I found his t-shirt.

Travis. Thank goodness. I smiled and quickly took out a packet of itching powder and put it on his t-shirt.

Travis is going to scratch his body throughout the game.

**********

I and Tim entered the gymnasium and took our seats. Cheerleaders danced on the sidelines. The whole place was packed with people. I cringed as the crowd of Stanford students next to us began screaming names across the gym bleachers.

“I’m still not supporting you, Rosa,” Tim whispered.

“Can you please shut up!” I chided and looked at Travis, who was talking with the coach. But a moment later he headed to the cheerleaders. Beautiful girls in short dresses. As long as he approached them, all of them gathered around him like he was the only hottest guy in the school. I rolled my eyes when one girl reached out to him and kissed him. Travis wrapped his arm around her waist and ate her mouth.

“Ugh! Shameless!” I cringed at their sight and looked away. How could they kiss in front of teachers and parents?

“Lucky girl..” A girl said from behind.

I frowned.

“Oh my gosh! I want my boyfriend to kiss me like Travis...” Another girl blurted.

“No, I want Travis to kiss me!” Another girl giggled.

“You might catch STDs...” I commented and two of them gave me their seething looks.

I glared at Travis who was still kissing that girl and groaned, “I don’t understand why the hell girls are crazy about him!”

“Because he is hot as hell!” Someone snapped. I turned my head to a familiar voice and found Sarah on my left side. She gave me a frosty look. “Don’t worry, he will not give you a damn! You are not his type, anyway.”

What the hell!

I instantly turned to her. “Oh, thank you for letting me know! I’m not bitch type, anyway!” I snapped and rolled my eyes.

After that, we didn’t utter a word, but I could feel Sarah’s glare next to me. I ignored her and watched the cheerleaders of both teams go to the middle of the court for their show.

Accidentally, my gaze fell on Travis, and my heart skipped a beat when I found his eyes on me. Our eyes locked. I wanted to turn away my gaze, but I kept them fixed on him. Finally, he looked away when the announcer’s voice came through the sound system. And I sighed! His stares were the hottest thing.

The game started. The moment the referee threw the basketball up in the air, Travis quickly hit it to his teammates. He caught the ball again and dribbled it through the floor. The next moment, basketball swished through the net, and hoots and cheers erupted in the air. Oh my God! Travis was quick and fast and it took him a couple of seconds to get the ball through a hoop. Our school scored first.

But he seems cool. Doesn’t he feel itchy all over his body? I’ve put itching powder in his t-shirt, right?

“Why isn’t my plan working?” I whispered.