0.02

every night every daythey always have something to sayleaving my mind is sheer disarray

they always have something to say
leaving my mind is sheer disarray

As I take in trembling intakes of air, Jeno draws small circles on my hand

As I take in trembling intakes of air, Jeno draws small circles on my hand. I shut my eyes, trying to burn away the nightmares from my memory—but it's useless.

'You feeling better hmm?'

'No.'

He doesn't speak anymore, just pulling me into his arms. Hesitating, I slowly relax into his embrace. The grasp of fear slips away, and a soft sigh escapes my lips. In that moment, my worries vanishes into wisps of vapor, out of my mind, away from me.

'Can we go out?' I look at Jeno hopefully, wanting to escape this bed of nightmares.

A soft smile pulls at his lips and his eyes bend into his beautiful eyesmile. He stands up, my hand still in his. 'Come on. It's not the first time anyways.'

Jeno gestures at me, and I peep from behind the wall as well. He whispers, 'Coast is clear.'

We both take quick, cautious steps across the dim hallway, glancing left and right ( a/n LEFT AND RIGHT. LEFT AND RIGHT. RIP IT RIP IT :D ) looking out for the adults who looked over the orphanage. They usually scare the younger children from attempting to sneak out at night, but Jeno and I have been here for way too long to care—we're one of the oldest in this place. 

Stumbling out into the cold crisp air, Jeno looks at me with a playful glint in his chocolate orbs. 'Mission accomplished.'

Giggling softly, I grab his hand and pull him along the familiar road illuminated by the faint glow of streetlights lined up, with honey-colored light spilling across the serrated surface of the paved ground.

Soon enough, we approach a grass field beside the empty road. Jeno pulls at my hand and we both sit down.

Tilting backwards slightly to look at the night sky, my hands brush across the cold soft grass rippling beneath my touch. My eyes wander through the dark cosmic canvas above me, illuminated here and there by sparkling argent droplets of silvery stars.

A small smile lifts the corners of my mouth. I wish I can stay in this peace forever.

 I wish I can stay in this peace forever

follow stayzelz
vote + comment