Stained in Red

Love can be so destructive;
It'll make you smile,
with bleeding hearts,
and cry with bloody tears.
                                                           Divi💙

*******

Only five minutes to spare. Five minutes to prepare herself. Five minutes to make her presence known on sharp six at evening, the time when her new job started at the Raichands.

She didn't know how she would be able to face Abhik once again when his intense orbs were enough to melt her like freaking ice in summers. She accepted the offer in spur of the moment but now when she stood in front of the majestic mansion of Raichands, her heart thumped wildly inside her chest, adrenaline rushing her nerves begging her to choose the flight nerves and run far away.

The mansion stood tall, majestic even just like the names of Raichands, the pillar standing tall holding the shiny white walls contrasting with splashes of matte black and brown, with one way mirror taking up most of the mansion's area. The mansion was a perfect combination of classy yet modern. 

One minute now. She took a deep breath getting rid of the thoughts of running away and pressed the bell as she waited for the door to open. She herself accepted the offer and her parents always taught her to fight her battles with her head and she would do so now. The door opened as she looked up and found a person, maybe their helper, standing their with a confused face.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Vaani Mehta. Mr. Khurana appointed me as Mrs. Raichand's personal physiotherapist, he must've informed you about my arrival?" Vaani politely asked, internally wishing that the helper would say no and send her away but luck was not on her side as the helper smiled softly and opened the door wide, inviting her in.

"Yes come on in by the way, I'm Saumya. He told us you'd be here at six, I never thought you would be so punctual be here at sharp six, no offense Doctor." She immediately added not wanting to offend the young doctor.

"None take, don't worry. I don't like tardiness, as I'm a doctor my work requires punctuality so I'm accustomed to it." Saumya guided her inside as they went through a illuminated corridor passing the living room.

"That's good. Come this way, ma'am, Mrs. Raichand is waiting for you in here room. I'll take you there myself." Saumya took her through another corridor passing the black stairs and around the corner to a dark brown gate and knocked on the door.

Vaani looked in awe at her surroundings as every corner of the house had a speck of her favorite colors, black and white, the house seemed like one out of the magazines. Little chandeliers illuminated the hallways with mirror glass providing a look of outside world. The living room was spacious with white couches positioned in a circular way facing a glass wall holding a big flat screen, that looked almost like a glass, above the spacious fireplace. On other side of the living was an open kitchen, the color beige and brown dominating the dining room and kitchen was a encrusted aquarium adoring the far wall.

And even with all the classic and ancient designs the house was being operated by modern and unique technologies, some of those she had never seen before. Maybe Raichand's own techs, she concluded.

Her curious eyes came to a halt when the brown door opened and Mrs. Raichand came out, a wide smile instantly adorning her face after seeing Vaani. She reached out her hand and patted her head gently.