Chapter 17 - Recovery

Writer: @xxKangax , last few paragraphs by me

🌜🌜🌜🌜🌜

3rd Person POV

Mitsuyo's eyes fluttered open, bringing her hand to rub the sleep from her eyes. The first thing that registered in her mind was how silent the house was.

With furrowed brows, she looked towards the window and saw light rays slipping through. She reached out to grab her phone, seeing that it was a weekend, and it was almost reaching noon. Her eyes widened slightly. I slept in that long? she thought

Still, the house was too quiet for a weekend.

Deciding to investigate, she got up and went to the toilet to wash up. Then headed down to the kitchen.

"Ah, Tsuyo-chan! Good Morning!" She was greeted by mama as she stepped into the kitchen.

"Good morning mama."

"Tsuyo-nee! Good Morning!" Lambo and I-pin came into the kitchen, running towards her and hugging her legs. She smiled and bent down to pat their heads. "Good morning to you too"

"How are you feeling?" Tsuna asked as he walked in the kitchen.

"I'm better now Tsu-nii, You guys don't have to worry so much"

"Ah, that's good. Here, have some food then take your medicines. Lambo-kun, Ipin-chan go play with Tsu-kun in the living room. Let Mitsuyo eat. I'm going out to buy some groceries with Bianchi-san." Mama said as she placed down some light food and medicine in front of Mitsuyo. With that, the kids ran out of the kitchen, pulling a reluctant Tsuna along.

Soon enough, Mitsuyo finished her meal. She squinted her eyes at the thick liquid she was to take. Clearly showing her dislike and unwillingness to swallow that bitter liquid.

"What's wrong Tsuyo-chan?" a soft voice spoke. Mitsuyo lifted her head to see Chrome's gaze on her with her head tilted. Her question also brought the attention of a certain Arcobaleno who tilted his head to face her as well.

Mitsuyo sighed and brought her attention back to the repulsive liquid. "I don't like that." She murmured, so softly it could have been missed. But was heard by Reborn and Chrome who were still in the kitchen with her.

Chrome had a look of understanding hanging on her face but did not comment. While Reborn jumped in front of her and patted her cheek. "Try taking it in one go. Don't think of it as medicine but imagine it to be water. Then chug it down and then drink some water to remove the aftertaste."

But she still hesitated. Staring at the liquid with much hatred. "How about we make a deal?" This got her attention. She turned to Reborn and tilted her head in question.

He continued "You take the medicine, and rest for today. Once you're better tomorrow, we can go out shopping. You can invite anyone you want and don't worry about the money." I will make Tsuna pay for it. He added as an afterthought and smirked. "So?"

Mitsuyo thought about it for a short moment, before she sighed and agreed. Lifting the cup of revolting liquid, she swallowed it in one go before chugging down water to remove the horrible aftertaste.

Reborn smiled and patted her cheek once more, before leaving the kitchen. Probably to mess with Tsuna again.

Deciding to spend some time getting to know Chrome, Mitsuyo held Chrome's hand and brought her to her room to have a girls talk session together. They spent a long time inside, giggling and sharing about themselves.

🌜🌜🌜🌜🌜

True to his word, when Mitsuyo was feeling better the next day, Reborn made Tsuna gather their friends. So here they are, meeting outside the shopping district. After introducing everyone to Chrome, the girls dragged her and ran ahead, excited to show Chrome what their favorite stores are.

"Oi, wait up. Tsk, why are we here doing this." Gokudera grumbled as he strolled down the path where the girls had run off to.

"ma ma, let the girls be happy. We're here to enjoy the weekend together." Yamamoto commented as he patted Gokudera's shoulder. Gokudera shrugged off his hands and glared at him.

Before he could start an argument with Yamamoto, Tsuna spoke up, "Yamamoto's right, Tsuyo-chan wanted to let Chrome make more friends and be more comfortable around us, that's why we're here today. Plus, it has been a long time since she was out with friends."

"I see.. For the sake of Hime-sama, I shall make sure that she enjoys today!" Gokudera announced with much determination, before speeding up his pace to find his precious Hime-sama. Whereas Tsuna sweat dropped at his declaration and Yamamoto just laughed along.

Eventually, they found the girls with multiple bags in their hands and still shopping for other items. Somehow Reborn managed to trick the boys into helping them hold their items as they continued to purchase what they liked.

After their shopping spree, the boys were seen to be carrying numerous bags and boxes, stacked upon one another. They then made their way to a café selling delicious desserts.

Upon getting their seats, the boys placed down all the items and Tsuna immediately slumped onto the table, exhausted. The girls made their way to order some snacks for everyone. After that, everyone was enjoying their respective desserts and conversing with one another.

Time flew by and it was getting late. Tsuna excused himself to the washroom and that was when Reborn spoke up. "Yamamoto will help carry Kyoko and Haru's items and send them home. Gokudera will carry Chrome's and Tsuyo's items and send them home. Me and Bianchi will stay here to tell Tsuna that you all have left first as it is getting late."

They all agreed, saying their goodbyes and started to leave the store. Before Mitsuyo left, she turned her head to look at Reborn, seeing that he had a mischievous glint in his eyes. Before she realised something, "Reborn, we haven't paid."

"Don't worry Tsuyo-hime, we will settle it." Reborn assured her. She then nodded her head and left with the others.

Some time later, Tsuna came back to the table to find out that everyone had left as it was late and it was only Reborn and Bianchi left. As he was about to finish his remaining cake, Reborn finished his coffee and Bianchi ate her last bite of her cake. Then Bianchi stood up, grabbing Reborn, she ran out of the store.

Tsuna stood up in shock and was about to leave to chase after them, when the cashier shouted that he hadn't paid for his table.

Seems like Reborn told the cashier that Tsuna would be paying for the food. Tsuna's eyes were wide as he saw the amount that he needed to pay and he started panicking when he realised that he did not have enough money with him.

"HIEEEE!!! REBORN!!!!"

🌜🌜🌜🌜🌜

Unbeknownst to all of them except Mitsuyo, that their carefree and fun days will be over very soon.

"Do your best, everyone," Mitsuyo murmured, eyes distant as she stared outside on her balcony by the end of the day. "More troubles are on the way. Mukuro part is only the start of it. Enjoy your days while you guys can."

Reborn, who silently opened the door to check on her, heard what she said frowned. He then tilted his fedora down to hide his face. 'What do Mitsuyo mean? Has she seen something?'

Deciding to forgo the questions for now, he walked in further and called out to her. "Mitsuyo-hime, it's late. Come and sleep." Turning around when her name is being called, she smiles gently at him and walks towards the bed for Reborn to tuck her in as he always insisted.

The last thing she heard from Reborn before she slept was "Good night, hime."