Chapter 5: Not okay

(Y/N) POV

I had just gotten home from school. I've been going to Harry Herpson for 3 weeks, which means I've lived here for a month. Rick and I haven't spoken much since we kissed and picked up Summer and Morty. I'd go over to hang with Summer, and Morty. He'd just kinda nod his head at me. Oh well. 

I went to my mothers study, that's where she had her computer and mini library. She worked from home so that was her work space, her safe space. She works all the time, goes off her meds, drinks, ect. She wasn't pleasant to say the least. 

I knocked on the door, she kept it open a crack because she knows I worry. "Come in." She said. I opened the door and I could smell it already. 

"Ew mom, beer?" I asked. She gave me the look. She had probably been drinking since she woke up. She's been doing that a lot the last week. 

"So fucking what? Who the fuck are you to judge? At least I'm not the fucking reason my fucking husband died?!" oh she was very drunk. 

"Mom, I-I'm n-not j-ju-judging.." I felt my eyes fill with tears. My dad. He died saving me. 

~Quick flashback~

(Y/N)POV

"Dad, I'm in 4th grade now. I can do the cross walk by myself" I whispered to my dad. It was the first day of fourth grade.

"You sure? You know to look both ways?" He asked me. 

I nodded excitedly. "Yes daddy I do! Please can I cross by myself today?"

He kneeled next to me at the crosswalk. "Sure thing luv bug" He gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. I squeezed him tightly. I didn't know that'd be the last time I hugged him.

As I was about to cross the street, I was so excited I forgot to look, I was almost at a run. A car was speeding, and must not have seen me. 

"(Y/N) NO!" He screamed. I felt a hard shove and I fell to the ground about 4 feet away. I heard a loud noise and turned around. I saw my dads lifeless body in the road. 

~~~~

"You lying BITCH!" my mother screamed at me. 

I began to run for the front door, knowing she was about to come after me. All of a sudden she grabbed me by the hair and yanked me to the floor. I was screaming at the top of the lungs. She got on top of me and started beating me, she's never gone this far. I was able to knock her off of me long enough for me to get to the door and open it. She grabbed me again.

"You little cunt I'm going to KILL YOU!" she screamed at me and slammed the door shut.

She began to beat me again, and then I saw one of Ricks portals appear behind her. Rick ran in and pulled her off of me and threw her across the room. He grabbed me and yanked me through the portal. 

I looked around and we were in the garage and he was already closing the door. 

"Activate kill bots" He said. 

"Activated" A voice said.

~Ricks POV~

I was working on a part for my ship in the garage when I heard a loud scream. I didn't think much of it, and I kept working. A few moments later I heard an even louder scream. I started walking towards the end the garage. I saw (Y/N) open the door to her house, bloody. She was pulled back in and all I heard was 'You little cunt I'm going to KILL YOU!' I took out my portal gun and opened it in (Y/N) house, right behind her mother who was on top of her, beating her. I grabbed her and yanked her off (Y/N), then I grabbed (Y/N) and went back through the portal closing the garage door as soon as we got in. 

"Activate kill bots" I said. If she tries to come her she is going to die. 

"Activated. 

I looked at (Y/N), all bruised, bloody. Her lip was swollen already. I picked her up and set her on the desk. "Are you okay?" I asked her. 

"I-I'm o-okay really Rick.. I can handle it." she answered. 

"Okay. Nope. Listen, dude, your mother just beat the shit out of you. Okay? You were unable to do anything, probably because you don't want to hurt her" I said to her, starting to clean up her face. 

She looked down crying. "It's not my fault, it's not my fault" She kept repeating. I pulled her close and held her, I kissed the top of her head. I missed her touch. Even now she's so gentle. But I hate to see her like this. She pulled away sniffling. I wiped her face. 

"I'm going to put this on your face, it should be all cleared up by the morning. You can stay here tonight too." I said to her.

"No Rick, you don't understand. I have to go back, I have to take care of her." She responded.

"(Y/N), again, do you remember what she just did to you? You're not going back there. At least not tonight." I crossed my arms and looked down at her. 

She sighed. "Okay, I just don't have the energy to argue with you right now."

(Y/N) POV

After Rick cleaned me all up, he gave me his lab coat.

"I don't know if you want to cover your  uh.. bruises." He said to my. I looked down at my arms. They had finger print bruises and some big round ones. I nodded my head and put it on. 

We walked inside and Rick had me wait in the kitchen so he could explain to everyone else what happened so I didn't have to go through it again. 

When he came back in the kitchen he told me we were going to go upstairs. 

"This is my room" He said as we approached a door at the end of the hallway. He opened the door. I walked in to see a small bed, some photos on the wall, a box of inventions and a desk. There was one small window, draped with a black curtain. He sat on his bed and patted next to him for me to sit, so I sat next to him. 

"How you feeling?" He asked me. 

"I'm.. okay I guess. She's never gotten that bad before. I'm in pain that's for sure." I answered with a soft chuckle. 

"Rick.. can I talk to you about something?" I asked. I wanted to know why he kissed me and didn't bother with me for 3 weeks. 

"Anything" He said smiling at me. 

"Y-you kissed me. In my room, 3 weeks ago. And you didn't pay any attention to me, you didn't talk to me, nothing. Why?" I looked down. He put his arm around me and pulled me close, I winced slightly because my body hurt.

"I wanted to fully understand everything I was feeling, because I don't want to hurt you. I like you (Y/N), I do. But I needed to know if I was only feeling lust, which right now, I'm still not sure. But I won't do that to you again, I'll control myself." He said to me, not slurring, not burping. He's usually drunk but I think that sobered him up a bit. 

"J-just dont mess with my head Rick, okay? Whatever happens please don't make me fall in love with you if that's truly not what you want." I said looking up at him.

"I won't. I won't do anything to intentionally hurt you. " He said. I smiled and hugged him tightly. I felt him lightly kiss the top of my head. 

~The next morning~

I slept in Rick's room, I woke up with his arm around me. I looked at the time. 6:15 am. I heard the shower, I assume Summer or Morty must be showering, getting ready. I tried to remove Rick's arm but he only held onto me tighter. I smiled. He was cute when he was asleep. I gently lifted his arm off me, and that caused him to wake up. He sat up rubbing his eyes. 

"Time for boring school?" He asked. 

"Eh, I'm going to call out for a few days.. but would it be okay if I stayed here?" I asked him. 

"I don't think anyone will have a problem with that. 

(A/N) 

There will be adventures soon! With that being said, I won't be able to upload much, because I want to make this perfect for everyone. I also work alot, almost full time. I hope you like the music I put on at the beginning.