Chapter 23

Fallout's POV

The instant Evil left, pulling the door shut behind her, another figure hurried out from the shadows. I regarded them through half-closed eyes, trying to figure out if it was worth it to actually look at them. The prospect seemed exhausting. And painful.

"Oh, jeez, jeez, jeez. Hey, are you okay? Are you awake?"

I blinked slowly at them, making out a blurred mess of white and brown.

"Shoot, alright. I'm, um, I'm going to untie your hands, okay? Don't freak out or anything." There was a gentle tugging at my sore wrists, and the rope fell away a moment later. They knelt down and untied my ankles while I flexed my wrists, examining the long cuts Bella had inflicted on me.

"Can you stand? What's wrong with your leg?"

"Stabbed." I groaned. "No walking on it."

"I'll help you. Come on, stand up?" They pleaded with me. I slowly pushed myself up, and they were waiting to catch me as I stumbled. Looping my arm over their shoulder, they dragged me towards the door.

I could make out a white shirt and brown hair now, which must have been the mess of swirling colors I had seen earlier.

"Are you still awake?" They asked. I groaned quietly, because words just seemed to impossible Everything was spinning, and it didn't seem like there was enough oxygen getting to my brain.

"Hey! Don't pass out or die!"

"S'not my fault," I whispered. They were still dragging me somewhere, which hurt like nothing else on my leg.

"Look, I'm getting help, okay? I'm taking you to my friend, she'll know what to do."

"Le's not an' say we did," I slurred. The person huffed.

"You are incredibly stubborn, you know that? What's your name?"

"C'vet."

"Cavet? I'm Luna, okay? Do you know where you are?"

I sighed, "With you."

"I'm taking you to my friend Bella, okay? She's good with this kind of stuff, I think." She stated.

Something like an electric current had jolted through my body when she said that, and I tried to yank away.

"Hey, whoa!" She caught me and pulled me back up.

"Can' go to her," I whispered. "You can't take me t' her!" I tried to yank away gone, but she grabbed my arm in a tighter grip and I groaned as pain shot through my leg.

"You're in shock or something, okay? Bella's okay." She explained patiently, all the while keeping a steady grip on my fighting arm. I tried to push her away with my other arm, which had been hanging limply by my side. She caught it and forced it back down.

"You don' understand... She was there, she did 'is." I muttered. Luna shook her head.

"It's fine Cavet, okay? Her door is right up here."

"No..."

"I see her coming, hold on. Bella! Bella!" She called.

"Luna?" Bella's voice rang down the hallway, and something like an ungainly growl carried itself from my chest as I struggled to make my good leg work.

"Luna? Is that Cavet? Oh my gosh, what happened? Cavet!" Pounding footsteps ran up to us, and Bella's face appeared in my line of vision. I pulled backwards and hissed in pain.

"I don't know exactly, I found her in this really creepy room. She was being tortured by someone, Bella!" Luna exclaimed.

"Here, bring her in my door. Did you see who it was?" I valiantly struggled to get away as Luna supported me through the door, scrabbling and pushing against her.

 "No, it was dark in there and I only caught the last of it. You know Cavet?" Luna asked.

"Set her down there," Bella instructed. "And yeah, we're good friends."

Luna lowered me to the ground, propping me against one of the walls. As she went to stand up, I caught her shirt collar and dragged her back down so that we were face to face.

"Shouldn' have brought me here, she'll ged us both now!" Luna pulled away.

"She's really out of it, Bella, I don't know. Do you think it's shock?"

Sometime during the trip here, I must have called my sword. Transport objects do that sometimes, so that people don't forget them or lose them. It was digging into my hip uncomfortably, strapped into it's normal place and hidden from view.

"I don't know, maybe? We should probably stop the bleeding, do you have an extra sweatshirt we could rip up?" Bella asked, still sounding serious and concerned.

"No, do you have one anywhere?"

"I might, gimme a sec."

My eyes fluttered as they spoke, their voices getting farther away for a brief moment.

"Yeah, got one." There was the sound of fabric ripping, and Bella appeared in front of me. We locked eyes as she knelt down in front of me, going to press the fabric to my leg. Her eyes flashed briefly, harsh coldness that I had just seen replacing concern.

I exploded outward, pushing her aside, and landing on my stomach. Luna yelled something, but I grabbed my sword and pressed down the gem. The room shifted and vanished.