Chapter 21

Fallout's POV

I will not scream for you.

Thin, shallow cuts marked arms. Most of the shirt had been ripped, threads of fabric hanging down, the occasional droplet sliding down them and falling to the leg. There was a large stain there, indicating that bleeding was heavy and pressure should be put on the wound.

Bella twirled her knife slowly, allowing for some of my blood to slide off. It fell to the ground, drops splattering as they hit concrete and echoing vividly through the room.

My arms ached and burned, the cuts marring smooth skin. Irritated, red blisters had formed on the flesh under the rope from where I had pulled against it in a moment of weakness.

It was when she had found my tattoo, the spiraling lines twisting up my forearm in thick, bold strokes. One by one, she had traced each line and squuezed blood from the marks. She had smiled when my eyes met hers, and slowly pulled the skin from my arm.

She was watching me right now, trying to gauge my reaction. She had caused pain, certainly, and some damage must have been done with the removal of the tattoo. But she wanted me to scream, to admit her dominance, of which I would not give her the pleasure.

Bella bent down in front of me, placing a hand on my leg and tilting my head up with a poke of her knife. Tilting her head, she flicked a strand of hair out of my eyes. Red covered the vision on that side a moment later, and it took too long for me to realize that she had placed a gash onto my forehead. I flinched and pulled away from her.

She rose and stared down at me. Silently, she reached out and pulled my hair, tilting my head back and moving it from side to side, examining it in the harsh lighting. I snorted and pulled away from her grip, but pain quickly exploded across my jaw and she held me in position.

With intense precision, like an artist placing the first strokes of paint on canvas, Bella brought the knife up to my cheek and slid it down, across my cheekbone and to my lip. I twitched and tried to pull away once more, only this time also from the sharp stinging that seemed to penetrate deep down into my flesh. My other cheek received the same treatment, only a horizontal line this time, stretching from the far edge of my cheekbone to over the bridge of nose. The knife burned as it delicately tore a cut through my face.

I squinted up at her as she cleaned the knife off on her shirt. This wasn't what she wanted, apparently, as she lashed out once more, her fist landing this time on one of my cuts and causing my to double over as far as I could from the sudden explosion in my face. The restraints held tight, though, and I could only bend over minimally.

"What kind of freak doesn't even whimper?" She spit suddenly. "What kind of monster are you?"

"A highly determined one," I shot back. "Bella-"

I was cut off by the knife plunging into my thigh, twisting and digging and-

oh god, it hurts

I crumpled over once more, burying my face in my shoulder as I groaned. The world spun as she yanked it free, tilting and shaking around the edges as agony screamed at the corners of my mind. Through the haze of blood and damage, I gave her what must have been a horribly lopsided grin.

"Rude to avoid a conversation," I slurred. She slammed the knife down next to my hand, making me jump and flinch away from the loud noise.

"Yeah, well, that's too bad for you. I control the conversation here, Cavet. I control you." She hissed. "I can do so much damage to you, make you scream for mercy-"

"As entertaining as this sounds, I'm going to stop you there, Bella." Evil's gloating voice sounded from behind her. Bella immediately dropped the knife and walked away, almost as if on cue.

"You do look as if she's done a number on you, Cavet." My right eye had swelled so that I could only hear her, but not see her as she approached.

"Thanks, you look stunning today. Wait, I can't see you. Sorry, it must be the severe bruising I'm looking at." I quipped.

She sighed. "And yet, you remain as steadfast and annoying as ever. I just wanted a chat, Cavet, there's no need to be rude."

I was silent, listening to her footsteps as she circled me.

"Much better! See, Cavet, I wanted to talk to you about our dear Bella's sudden change in personality. I'm sure you're curious about it." She offered.

"Oh yeah, the mental health of my ex-friend does strike my fancy. Do share?"

She finally stopped in front of me and knelt down so that I could see her fully.

"Well, it was you, of course."

"I don't follow, sorry. I don't remember being the one who sent her on a hunger games style vacation to steal her sanity." I sneered. She smiled.

"Oh, no, you did, technically. See, it's because of you that I even exist. Bella loved your door. She loved the darkness, the insanity. It flowed so easily from you, and once Bella was hooked, it was easy for me to show up. She really was a good girl, you know. Until you tainted her."

I grunted. "She should have backed off then, if she felt the insanity, or whatever it is you say flows from me."

"But she liked it. She loved the insanity and the freedom it allowed her. She loved being around you, because she could feel it in you too."

I went quiet, eyes tracing Evil's face and body for any signs she was lying. Behind her, there was the almost silent sound of the door clicking open and sliding open a crack.

"Just ponder that, Cavet. When she comes back, I want you to really think about who should take the blame here, and who deserves to be punished."