Chapter 9

Fallout's POV

Bella had gone completely still, breath hitching in her throat and eyes wide as she stared at the figure in the door. Her mouth opened and closed noiselessly.

My fingers wrapped around the hilt of my sword, unsheathing it and brandishing it in front of us. The tip caught and reflected the fraction of light that slipped through  the doorway. My gaze lingered momentarily on the reflected image it produced, blood red eyes appearing in the figures head on my sword. Slowly, I looked up to them.

"I don't believe we've been introduced," I said slowly. "Who would you be?"

The figure cackled. "Oh, Bella can tell you. Bella knows all to well, doesn't she? C'mon, introduce me to your new friend."

Bella remained silent and still, but she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"You can't just will me away, come on. That doesn't work anymore." The figure, who I had determined was a female, taunted.

"Cavet," Bella's voice was quiet, "That's me. The other me."

I frowned and squinted at her, then the other her in the door. Then I groaned and rubbed a hand across my face.

"You're kidding me, right?" Bella shook her head, and the... evil her? The evil her snickered.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, come on. Evil twin? Seriously?"

"Not evil twin. Evil me." Evil her said happily. "Who said we were twins? No, I'm dear Bella's dark side, as you would probably call it. Isn't that right?"

Bella's hand went to her wrist, rubbing and twisting at her bracelet. Evil took a step forward, and my sword snapped back into position.

"Don't move," I ordered. "Bella, you have ten seconds to explain. Go." Her eyes went wide and she turned to look at me. I stared expectantly at her.

"Evil dark side, that's her. I started out all happy, writing happy stuff and such, then I started reading and writing darker and darker stuff. I dunno, I just enjoyed being like that, a little too much, and then one day she was just there." She said nervously. I nodded once she finished.

"Okay, so this is Evil Bloxie. Got it." I muttered. "Evil, what do you want?"

Evil cocked her head. "Why would I tell you? That'd ruin all the fun, to be perfectly honest." I smiled sarcastically and shrugged, waving my sword around a bit.

"Oh, try me. I'm not much of a laugh anyway." I spit. She grinned and waved a hand at Bella.

"Stay away from her, Cavet, if you want to live. Bella shouldn't have any friends, and you'll find out why pretty soon."

Then she was gone, the door was shut, and Bella was beside me.

"Cavet, I can explain, I swear..." She started. I cut her off.

"Don't. Just don't. Nothing to explain. Well, one thing. What did she mean by you shouldn't have friends?" She shrugged and nervously twisted her bracelet.

"I don't know, I swear!" She said quickly. "I only have a few on here, and last I checked, they were fine. Honest, they're good people, and..." She cut off. "Oh."

"What?" I asked. "Did it suddenly occur to you what it means?"

She nodded. "They're all good people, would never hurt anybody. But lately, their doors are getting darker, like mine was..."

My mouth slid open and a quiet sigh escaped me. "Oh," I breathed. "Oh. They're next."

The Misadventureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें