Chapter 13

Fallout's POV

"You're absolutely positive that this wasn't her? Maybe she just had a change of mind or something?" I yelled. Bella was sprinting down the hall several feet in front of me, hair flying out in a long cape behind her.

We had just left the hallway where another of Bella's friends, Autumn had a door. Well, had had a door. The frame had been completely empty, blown off the hinges and leading into an empty void of a room.

"Of course I am!" she yelled back. "Autumn would never in a million years get rid of her doors!" I groaned and poured out a little more energy, gaining speed until I made it up to her and matched her pace. Her gaze was set on the hall in front of us, eyes determined as she ran.

"You have too many friends!" I got out. She rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't exactly realize that they would all be targeted! If I did, believe me, I would have stayed a bit more isolated!"

She finally came to a stop outside a brightly colored door door several halls away from where Autumn's door should have been. This new door appeared to be undamaged, so Bella threw herself at it, pounding on it loudly.

The door slid open a crack, revealing an annoyed face with pale skin and freckles, accented by bright green eyes. She was scowling when she opened the door, but it turned to confusion when she saw who it was.

"Bella!" the girl exclaimed. "Jeez, what are you doing? Scared the crap out of me, honestly-" Bella cut her off.

"Disco, has anyone been to visit you? Anyone at all? Or has anything strange been happening around here?" Bella asked. The girl, Disco, shook her head.

"N- no... Why? What's going on?" Her eyes drifted over to me. "Who's this?" Bella waved a hand carelessly in my direction.

"This is Cavet, long story short, been helping me with what's going on and we're good friends." Bella explained. Disco waved cheerfully at me, and I bowed my head slightly in greeting.

"Disco, can you ditch and come with us for a bit?" Bella asked. "I think you might be in danger." Disco's eyes widened.

"In danger? How? What?"

"A lot of my friends have gone missing, and you're the first we found that is still safe. We think everyone else was attacked in their doors, so if you stay here, you might be in trouble too." Bella patiently explained.

Disco leaned against her door frame and stuffed her hands into her pockets. "Where would we go? I dunno about this, Bella. You're weirding me out."

I glanced nervously around the hall. "We really don't have time for this. She should be here any minute if it really was Disco she was going after." Bella nodded.

"Got it. Disco, please? I'm not going to lose you too if I can help it." Bella pleaded. Disco sighed and stepped into the hall, pulling the door closed behind her. She offered her hand, which was squeezed around a plush polar bear.

"Alright, let's go. I'm assuming the transport would be the quickest way out, especially if someone is going to be here to kill me any second. This here is Bob, he's my transport."

I shook my head. "Nope, we're running. The transport has been glitched. We always end up even farther from where we want to go."

A low rumbling echoed through the halls of the mansion, along with a shrill scream. Bella and Disco glanced around nervously, while I pulled out my sword and frowned.

"Behind me, start running." They took off, and I waited an impatient moment before turning and following them.

A crash shook the hallway suddenly, making dust rain from the ceiling. At the far end of the hallway, a black clad figure appeared and started sprinting toward us.

"Too late!" I screamed. Bella and Disco both spun around to see me running towards them, evil not far behind me.

Bella seized Disco's hand and forced it open, exposing the bear, and she touched her bracelet to it the exact second I ran into them, and the hallway bent and shifted around us.