✧ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

Maybe there was something wrong with her.

Sighing, Jieun reached for the plastic bag from the convenience store, taking out a bottle of beer from inside. She popped open, sipping it almost halfway. It was very late at night, although it would be very unlikely for her parents to notice her absence at all.

Jieun could smell the changing season on the wind in the slightly crisp feeling in the air of Seoul city, which only depressed her further. The sky was the dirty sort of gray that came with snow, but so far, not even a flake had fallen. It was cold enough for sure though. She shivered involuntarily and tried to get warmer inside the black heavy leather jacket. No such luck.

She placed the bottle aside to grab the next and final thing she had bought. A pack of cigarettes. Jieun never liked those. It contained a lot of chemicals and inorganic elements. Her uncle used to tell her father that if he kept smoking the way he did it would ruin his lungs and he would die soon.

Well, the bastard was still very much alive.

She pulled one out casually, studying its shape as it twirled between her fingers, and wondered what made them so addicting to some people. Soft thumps echoed from the distance. Jieun had no idea for how long she stayed there because, without her knowledge, a figure had stopped close to where she sat, surprising her by flicking a lighter.

Her eyes were slowly dragged upwards, and she took in the sight beside her; a tall young man stood in a black leather jacket like her own, the layers of clothes giving her a pretty good idea of the kind of physique he had going on beneath it.

As Jieun's gaze traveled back up past his impressive bulge, she noticed a small smirk pulling at the edges of his fine full lips. One of his very dark eyes was slightly obscured by the brownish loose locks.

It was only when Jieun finally blinked to his hand again that she realized that the lighter he held was still there, waiting for her to do something with it.

"You know how a lighter works, don't you?" he asked and Jieun sensed the playful tone in his deep, husky voice.

"I don't smoke," she answered defensively.

He turned his body to rest his shoulder on the wall, looking intrigued. "That explains the cigarette, then."

Jieun glanced at the item in her hand. "I just felt curious."

"And chickened out at the last minute," he smirked, eyeing down at her figure. Jieun returned the gaze.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Since you asked. . ."

The man deliberately stole her cigarette to place between his lips and very smoothly covered with one hand as the other flickered the lighter. Jieun's mouth parted but she ended up saying nothing to him.

After his first drag, he looked up, closing his eyes.

"It'd be a waste to throw this out. . ."

ᵁ ᴻ 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃

"Tell me you don't want this," his lips moved against her earlobe.

"I don't want this," she breathed.

Her lip tasted like honey as he drew it into his mouth. His hands laced over the milk scream skin of her back. She was a terrible liar.

"Tell me this is wrong," he pressed her against the motel door.