Deadly Double Love 25

When we exited the hospital, Scott ran for about five minutes before running out of breath and setting me down.

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

“Did we really just escape from a hospital?” he inquired.

“Yes.”

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe we just did that,” he said incredulously.

“Yeah, me either,” I replied.

He looked at me and smiled, but didn’t say anything. He just started walking. The silence was a little awkward, but I didn’t know what to say to break it. So we walked without saying a word until we at last reached my house. We went inside, noticing that my dad and Addie were home, but not acknowledging them in any way. We padded up the stairs and into my room. We sat next to each other on my bed, but we still didn’t speak. I stared at the ground, at the dark red splotch of dried blood on my beige carpet, until Scott finally said something.

“We need to talk,” he said.

“About what?” I asked.

“About you cutting yourself.”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I mumbled as I traced the edge of the bloodstain with my toe.

“We really need to talk about it,” he said.

“No,” I told him. “What we really need to do is talk to Addie.”

“I know that you’re concerned about your mom, but you need to worry about yourself too.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked a little angrily.

“It means that what you’re doing to yourself is dangerous!” he said.

“Well my mom’s in danger too and the longer we wait, the more danger she’s in!”

“Kitty,” he said softly. “I don’t think you understand.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked, getting annoyed.

“What you’re doing could kill you. It almost did kill you today.”

I didn’t say anything for a moment; just let his words sink in. Finally, I spoke.

“So?” I said quietly. “So what if I died?”

Scott looked at me incredulously.

“I hate my life,” I told him. “Everything sucks. My mom’s missing, I can’t eat without worrying about how much fatter it will make me, and I cut myself to deal with it all.”

“Kitty, I know that things are hard right now, but killing yourself isn’t the way to go. I’ll help you through it, I’ll never leave you,” he whispered.

I felt tears begin to form in my eyes, but I refused to let them spill over.

“Let’s just go talk to Addie,” I said sharply.

************************************************************************************************************

happy valentines day! this chapter is a chapter that shows how much they care about each other cause its valentines day. also it's more of a filler chapter than super important but i hope everyone likes it :)