Deadly Double Love 46

I heard a series of beeps that jerked me from my deep sleep. My eyes fluttered open and I looked around. The room I was in was too bright. I tried to sit up and felt a shooting pain in my side. I cried out and fell back onto the bed I was lying in.

Someone came rushing into the room. She was wearing scrubs, so I guessed that she was a nurse. Which meant I was in a hospital.

“How are you feeling, sweetie?” the nurse said.

“What happened?” I said groggily.

“You were shot,” she told me.

Suddenly memories came flooding back to me. Rory stabbing Scott. Me dragging Scott away. Rory hitting Addie with the gun. Rory shooting me with his gun. That last gunshot as I fell asleep.

“Where’s Scott?” I said. “I want to see him.”

“Who’s Scott?” she asked.

“He’s my boyfriend,” I mumbled, feeling sleepy. “I need him.”

“I’ll go check and see if he’s checked into this hospital,” she told me as she walked out of the room.

I smiled to myself; happy I’d be able to be with Scott soon.

“I love him,” I said to no one in particular.

“Sweetie,” the nurse said as she came back into the room. “There’s no one named Scott checked into this hospital.”

“That’s impossible,” I explained her. “He was with me when I got shot.”

“He’s not here,” she told me.

“Go check again,” I said. “Please.”

“Alright,” she sighed as she left again.

I closed my eyes. I couldn’t wait to see Scott.

“Kaetlyn?” I heard a voice say.

I opened my eyes and saw a doctor standing in front of my bed holding a clipboard.

“It’s Kitty,” I said.

“Okay,” he said. “I understand you were asking about your friend Scott.”

“Yes,” I said. “He’s my boyfriend.”

“I’m sorry,” he said. “But he’s dead.”

I sat up, ignoring the sharp pain in my side.

“No!” I said.

“I’m sorry,” the doctor repeated.

“You’re wrong!” I shouted. “He’s not dead!”

“He really is,” the doctor said.

“Stop lying and let me see him!” I yelled as I tried to get up and out of the bed.

The nurse ran to my side and restrained me. She pushed me back down onto the bed.

“You ripped out some of your stitches,” she muttered.

“I don’t care!” I screamed. “Let me see Scott!”

“We couldn’t repair the damage done,” the doctor said as the nurse held me down. “The stab wound was too serious to repair.”

“Scott isn’t dead,” I said, not struggling as much anymore.

“He is,” the doctor said.

“Let me see Addie then,” I told him. “She’ll tell me the truth.”

“She’s dead too,” the doctor said softly. “Everyone you were with is dead.”

“No,” I whispered.

“Scott died of a stab wound, Addie died of head trauma, and Rory died of a self inflicted gunshot.”

“No!” I screamed as I thrashed wildly. “Let me see them!”

“I need a sedative!” the nurse shouted as she struggled to restrain me.

All of sudden I felt sleepy as the nurse gave me the sedative.

“No,” I said weakly, but I couldn’t stay awake. I couldn’t fight the sedative. And so I drifted into darkness.