Chapter 5: About foxes and other monsters

Start from the beginning

„Should we cancel?" he asked quietly and Yi Jeong shook his head. „No.. She didn't see us for over a month, she'll be devastated. Also I'm sure she's making your favorite Buchujeon."

„And her legendary eggrolls..." Woo Bin hummed, „No we can't cancel, in fact, we should go visit her way more often." he laughed and Yi Jeong smiled, his eyes still closed.

„Do you think I should speak with the parents about the Gumiho?" Yi Jeong turned around and looked at Woo Bin.

„I don't think it's a reason to worry. Maybe they told him a version where it's not a scary monster."

Woo Bin saw that this wasn't the answer his boyfriend wanted to hear and sighed. „Unless you want a reason to speak to the parents by all means, then I'm sure this is very concerning." he added and Yi Jeong nodded with a satisfied smile.
They cleaned up the rest of the room together and headed straight to Yi Jeong's mother's house afterwards, which was a good thirty minutes drive with the car.

The closer they came, the more Yi Jeong felt himself relax.
The home where he grew up felt safe and far away from everything recent.
It was a decent house, where he had lived with his mother most of his life.
He never knew his father, but that was okay. The love his mother had for him was enough for two people.
Him choosing a man as his partner had never been an issue. All his mother wanted, was for him to find someone who truly loved him.
She knew Woo Bin since they were kids and maybe she even knew first, that they were just meant for each other.
Yi Jeong remembered how they got together and had been so scared to tell her.
Then, the next Christmas, they both got the same custom T-Shirt from her, with two options printed on the front. ‚Single' or „Dating my best friend because, have you seen him?', and the second option had a check mark.
Thinking back how they all cried and group hugged, because they were so relieved and mom was simply happy for them, made Yi Jeong smile.

The familiar scent from the kitchen surrounded the whole area, when Yi Jeong and Woo Bin left the car and Woo Bin's stomach reacted with a demanding growl.
„We're almost there, hold on!" Yi Jeong laughed and shoved him to the door.

So Chi Un was already waiting by the window and opened the door the moment her boys arrived at the door step.

„Hey Mom.." Yi Jeong greeted her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

„Hello sweetheart." she hugged him back and then shoved him aside to greet Woo Bin.

„Woo Bin! Welcome! Did you get even more handsome?" she asked and he laughed. „It's the leather jacket!" he assured and gave her a tight hug. „Hi, mom..I missed you."

„Shut up, you only miss my cooking!" she teased and he winked at her with a charming smile. „I can smell the Buchujeon!" Woo Bin was about to sneak into the kitchen, but she grabbed him by the collar. „Manners, Mister!"

„Okay, okay!" he laughed, followed Yi Jeong into the living room and made himself comfortable, next to his boyfriend.
The table on the floor, in the middle of the room, was already full of plates and bowls and everything smelled so good.
Woo Bin felt as much at home as Yi Jeong did.
Though his own parents tried their best to be accepting, he knew that deep inside, they still hoped he would find a girl one day, marry and have children.
That's why he always preferred to be at Yi Jeong's family home, where he was loved and any girl who would try to get between them would get her ass kicked by his unofficial but valid mother-in-law.
That, of course, counted for any other guy, too.

Chi Un joined them at the table, starting to fill their plates without even asking them what they wanted and how much.
She knew one of them for all his life and the other for more than half of his life and none of them complained.
It felt good to not worry about anything for once.