22|| Travelling Gone Wrong?

Start from the beginning

"I'm planning to explore."

"What?" Karl then slowly rose to sit up on his bed, swinging his legs to the side of his bed to face him, "Where are you going?"

"Just somewhere, I'll come back before we all leave."

Karl stared at Schlatt and the horned male returned the action, raising an eyebrow. Karl's awake, but he can't force the man to follow him just after getting traumatized by his future vision when he got body slammed into the ground.

"Can I come with you?" Karl asked after a period of silence, Schlatt shrugged his shoulders.

Great!

"If you want to."

With that, the male nodded before he zoned out making Schlatt avert his eyes and to the bed beside him that carried a curled up person wrapped in his blue blanket, looking like a mountain of fluff in the middle of the cushion.

Quackity can be their escape. He can laugh and everyone will follow, also he can shapeshift, although not trained yet, he might turn into a bird and fly to notify the people left in the campsite if they ever got into trouble.

"Who are we going with?" Karl asked as they heard someone move in their sleep in the background, the blanket scratching against the cushion of the bed.

Schlatt then turned back to his teammates, still deciding on who to pick to help him. But after a moment of just thinking, he rose from his bed before bending down to put on his shoes and to pick his blazer from the floor. He straightened up then turned to Karl, who was ruffling his hair.

"Wake Skeppy and Quackity then meet me outside."

-----------

"Why are we doing this again?" Asked Quackity, voice still groggy after being woken up abruptly by the brown haired male standing behind Schlatt who leads the pack.

"Because being stuck in that shithole is killing me," Schlatt answered.

"Then why bring us with you?" Skeppy asked, eyes still closed as they crossed the desert with no clue where they'll end up.

"So I can sacrifice you guys" Schlatt said flatly making Karl raise an eyebrow, concern forming at the back of his mind.

"Wait really?"

"No, I need someone so they won't leave me if I get home late," Schlatt responded, waving his torch over the flies that they passed by.

The campfire was already out of their sight at this point, Quackity looked behind them, trying to find any landmark that could lead them back. He doesn't trust the man in front to lead them all, the man is great but this is an impulsive decision. He probably isn't paying attention to where they're going, focused on finding something interesting.

Quackity opened his inventory, taking out a stick. With his strength, he threw the point of the stick, burying the item enough to leave a small inch of wood visible enough to make sure they could see it even with a small light source. And he continued to do the same thing every kilometer.

And after a few moments of walking, ache started settling into their knees and feet.

"I think we should head back," Skeppy suggested.

"We've been walking for ages and we haven't seen anything."

Schlatt opened his mouth to argue back when suddenly, the ground beneath him disappeared. A shrill shriek left his lips. Like dominoes, his friends released the same scream as they fell down.

Pain struck Schlatt's back as he rolled over with a groan in agony. Wherever they fell down at, it was surely dusty and has the odd smell of age, something ancient. Above them is a square hole that showed them the view of the full moon, a hole which looked so far away.