fourteen

Karma's Point of View

"Vic, can't you drive any fucking faster?" I spewed out in anger to Vic, who was already going over the speed limit. "Sir, unless you want this car to go flying into a pole or a person I suggest you make your game plan for when we get there." She stopped at a stop sign and I sighed. "So I'm-" "In your head, Karma." Ouch. 

I thought of the plan for me to enter through the basement window, it's super small but I've fit through it before. I'll have Vic distract at the door, hopefully he'll want to help me... As Vic's distracting at the door, I climb through, grab Nagisa, and get the fuck out. I just hope he's okay... 

"Alright Vic, remember what I said to do?" She nodded in reply, I smiled at her and gave her a little shoulder hug. Yeah, she didn't like that. As she went up to the door, I went behind the house to find the basement window. As figured, it wasn't barred or anything because he never found out how I got out the first time. It was dim and when I opened the window the musty smell came out, god it was disgusting. I slowly hopped down and my feet hit the ground pretty hard. I heard a shuffling sound, then the doorbell rang. The shuffling sound hesitated before heading up the wooden stairs, 13 to be exact, and that's when I knew I could make my move. The basement had two rooms, the main room, and a small room off to the side of the stairs. I didn't see Nagisa anywhere in the room I entered in, which was the larger room, so I moved towards to smaller room. There wasn't even a door to the room, so if anything were to happen downstairs in the room, someone would hear upstairs. 

I pushed the curtain open slowly as I heard Vic talking upstairs, I could hear some kind of altercation going on. I peered inside the room and thankfully saw Nagisa fully clothed but tied to a bed frame. It looked like he was sleeping, so I was trying to be quiet and untie his hands and feet. I noticed his skin was alarmingly cold to the touch, I looked up at his face and it was paler than usual. I thought he was asleep, so I tried to wake him up by shaking him lightly. In distress, I knew I needed to get help. I slowly walked up the stairs and saw Asano holding a knife to Vic's throat.

 "Karma, why won't you just let me have what I want for once? Why did you have to make this situation difficult?" 

I saw the fear in Vic's eyes and knew what I had to do. Asano wanted validation, my validation. He wanted to know he's the superior here. "Asano, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have left you..." I inched myself closer to him, he tightened up a little bit. "Karma don't say bullshit like this now." He stared me dead in the eyes, I did my fake tearing up. "Please, we can be together finally." I got closer to him, I could see him blushing a little bit. "Asano, I made a mistake take it out on me instead. We can do as old times." That stung my heart a little bit, knowing the things he could do. As I was still inching closer I could see he was loosening up. "Show me you aren't lying." He threw a pocket knife at my feet, "Vertical on your artery. Now." Actual tears dropped this time.

"You want me to kill myself?" I whispered as I looked up at him, he grinned at me. "Prove yourself." This isn't how the plan was supposed to go. What the hell do I do? I picked the knife up and flicked it open. He knew where all the major arteries were, I couldn't fake this. This was to save Nagisa, I want him to have the world. It's what he deserves, I got him into this mess. I rolled up my hoodie sleeve and pressed the knife against my wrist.

 I looked back up at him and he looked dazed. "Asano... Can I have one more kiss before I go?" I moved towards him slowly, tears still rolling down my cheeks. He dropped the knife that was to Vic's neck to grab my face and kiss me. His breath smelt so bad. Vic picked up the knife in return and told his ass to sit down on the couch. I dropped the knife as well and explained the situation that we were in. "Okay well..." Vic looked back and forth between the two of us then handed me her knife. "Take care of him." Vic rushed downstairs to get Nagisa. 

"So you never loved me, Karma?" I sighed at the situation I had to deal with now. "I did at one point before you showed your raw self." I paused, looked at his defeated face. "I loved the idea of the person you could be, however... You turned out to be not the person I wanted." His eyes fell to the floor as he laughed. "I'm a piece of shit huh? I won't bother you anymore though. I can promise that." I grinned as I thought about how to play this out. "So there are two ways this can go, you move to a foreign country far, far away from here or I'll just kill you here. Take your pick."

We rushed Nagisa to the hospital, Vic told me he was still breathing. Apparently, I put her under the impression that he was dead, but he's just unconscious. I held his head in my lap the entire way there, then rushed him into the ER. Due to his state, they got him into a doctor quickly but wouldn't let me go in with him. I waited an hour in the terrible lobby they had for the ER, surrounded by crying babies and crying adults. I saw the doctor that took Nagisa to come out and search for me, I met his eyes and he nodded towards me. Vic and I got up and speed-walked over.

"He seemed to have just been given a common date rape drug, he'll be tired for a while but he's good to go home." I shook his hand and they brought out a dazed, barely conscious Nagisa out. When I saw him with color in his skin again I felt super relieved. "Hey blueberry, you ready to get home?" He smiled and nodded, then put his arms up like a toddler. "Carry me." 

I put Nagisa to bed when we got home, the doctor also said there were no signs of sexual assault and he was barely even touched. The sun was rising at this point, I had talked to Vic and he said he needed a little break, I let him go with no questions asked. I stood at the window looking at the sunrise, thinking about the things I was going to sacrifice for Nagisa. While it thankfully didn't get that far, it was painful to think about. 

I fell asleep on the desk in the room, giving Nagisa extra time to rest but still wanting to be there if something happened. The next time I woke up Nagisa was gone and I almost had a breakdown. However, I heard the shower going and calmed down. I had slept through the day unsurprisingly and now the sun was getting close to setting. I went downstairs and made some pasta, before heading back up to the room. He was out of the shower and looking better than ever. One of my oversized shirts and a smile on his face made me realize how lucky I was. 

I handed him his plate of pasta, unsure if he was okay with me being close to him, but he patted the bed next to him. I sat down and he laid his head on my shoulder. "Were you scared?" I asked him to fill the silence. "Initially yeah, but I knew you would come looking for me. And you're super smart so it wouldn't take you very long to find me! I was right so that must make me pretty smart huh?" I smiled at him as he stuffed his face with pasta. "You're such a brat." He smiled and laid a small peck on my cheek. 

A/N- had to get this done so people would stop yelling at me, however I know a few details are off from the past chapter to this chapter, just ignore it. Like I said the lights were bright last chapter but now they're dim so it's whatevah. Sorry this took me so long to finish.

Zee