𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟺 ☯︎︎ 𝚁𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚣𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

"Oh, sweetie." The woman's voice cooed gently. "You know I can't do that."

"Why not?!" Kurenai demands, pressing her back against the wall she was leaning on for support while glaring at the camera that she's sure her Meister is stalking her through. "I just want to be left alone! Is that too much for you?!" Her voice shakes.

"You mean a lot to me, little one. I need you. You're a crucial part of MALUS's plan to—."

"SCREW YOUR PLANS!" Kurenai shouts at the top of her lungs, her whole body now shaking with a mix of rage and fear. The action causes the woman on the speaker to fall silent, building up the thick tension that fills up the empty halls. "Screw it, to hell with it all," Kurenai mumbles, wiping the hot tears that were accumulating in her eyes and moving onward when she hears the guards once again.

"There!" One of them commands the rest and she feels anxiety's hand wrap its cold fingers around her heart, giving it a squeeze that reminds her that she needs to escape.

There's no going back now. She's lost the Meisters' trust, and they've lost hers. The only difference is that now she'll have a bounty on her head. But she can live with that.

Kurenai makes a right at the next corner, dragging herself at this point in a desperate attempt to get away when she runs into a daunting, white wall; a dead end.

She whips around to see the looming shadows of the security guards as they close in on her, her heart smacking her ribs with the force of a thousand hammers and her lungs stretching as much as they can to fit in as much air as she can get. Her body is working overtime and she has nowhere to go.

She's in no shape to fight or even fend the guards off, and the Meister watching her seems to know this just as well as she does.

"Aw, what's wrong? You were so confident about yourself a moment ago." The obnoxiously sweet tone pokes fun at her, making her grip around the handle of the scalpel tighten. "What is it? Have you realized how helpless you are?"

"SHUT. UP." Kurenai growls, throwing the scalpel at the glass security camera that was hanging in the corner of the dead-end she arrived at.

Just then, one of the security guards poked his head around the corner, spotting Kurenai and her injured form. A sly smile spreads across his features as he stalks toward her, slowly closing in on her as a cheetah would to a gazelle.

"There's nowhere to run now." He laughs at her, watching in amusement as she balls up her fists and gets ready to fight. "You can't fight like that. Just give up—!"

To his astonishment, Kurenai is the first to leap at him, catching him so off guard that she steals the gun from his holster and switches places with him, using his confusion to unload the first bullet into the back of his head.

The sound reverberates in her head, bouncing off of the walls of her skull and causing her brain to turn to mush as she drops to the floor; her hands subconsciously reaching out to search for any useful materials on the guard's person.

She only finds a taser, a pair of cuffs, the gun she just used to kill the security man, and his key card. Taking the card, the gun, and somehow stripping him of his windbreaker, Kurenai stands back up with much struggle when she hears the echoed stomps of the other two guards trailing her.