Chapter 6-This Is Not the End

Start from the beginning

Pietro looked in their direction with fondness. "Those are my crazy nephews."

"Runs in the family." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

He looked back at me. "Let me see your hand."

I took out my right hand and he continued to look at me. "The other one, Violet."

I frowned, but took my other hand out and he took my wrist in his hand, looking at the grey flesh coating my fingers.

He inhaled sharply and let out a steady breath, looking at me. "Does it hurt? When Agatha takes magic."

"No. From the time that I knew her, all she did was take magic from others. It's painless." I said, holding both his hands in mine. "Really, Pietro. I'm fine."

He sighed and looked me in the eye, cupping the side of my face in his hand and stroking his thumb across my cheek.

"I almost lost you today. When Agatha had you . . . I-I felt completely powerless." He said.

"But you didn't lose me, Pietro. I'm always going to be here for you. Always," I said with a smile, putting my hand on the side of his face.

He looked at me in silence for a long moment, then brought his lips down onto mine. I smiled softly and took his hands in mine, wrapping them around my waist as I stepped closer to him and slid my hand up his chest and around his neck.

"Awwwwwwwwwww," Tommy and Billy's voices said in unison.

    I pulled away and we looked to the right, seeing the twins on the bottom of the stairs with their chins in their palms, looking at us with smiles.

    "Hey, boys." I chuckled, stepping out of Pietro's arms and brushing my hair over my shoulder.

    "Soooooo, does this mean you're our real Aunt now?" Tommy asked hopefully.

    Pietro chuckled and placed his hand between my shoulder blades, looking at me. "Sorry, boys. But we're not married."

    "Then get married!" Billy said with a grin.

    "What?" I smiled.

    "You two like each other a lot. And Billy and I like you. So be our real Aunt." Tommy said.

    "Oh. Tommy—"

    "Hey, hey, we shouldn't crush the little kids' dreams." Pietro said, cutting me off.

    "Yes, but we can't give them what they want." I said softly to him.

    "Give it a few years, babe." He winked.

    "Don't give me hope, Pete. You could realize you hate me within the next month." I said to him.

    "Not possible. You're perfect to me, darling." He said, kissing my temple and making Billy and Tommy giggle happily.

———

"Wanda? Why did you call me here?" I asked when I came into her house at 9 at night. "Is everything okay?"

    She looked towards me and shook her head, turning off the lights. One of the lights turned back on and I smiled softly when I saw Vision standing by the lit lamp.

    "Violet. Could you go upstairs with the boys? They would love to see you." Vision said.

    "Sure thing, Vision." I walked up the stairs, opening the door to the twins' room.

    "Aunt Violet." Tommy smiled.

    "Hey, boys." I smiled, sitting down on Billy's bed. "Come here. I need to tell you something."