Chapter 2-Arrival

I plugged my ears as Billy and Tommy cried loudly, not having any of us get a wink of sleep that entire time.

"I knew I should have gone home." I grumbled as I took a sip of my coffee, setting it down and running my hands through my dark hair.

"Doubt you would have gotten any sleep then either." Wanda said, walking around with Tommy.

"True. Want me to hold Tommy for a little while while you grab a cup of coffee to stay awake?" I suggested.

"Oh, yea, thank you so much." She transferred Tommy into my arms and walked into the kitchen.

"Wanda . . . Oh, Violet. Where's Wanda?" Vision asked, coming down the stairs with Billy.

"In the kitchen making coffee. She needed a break." I replied.

"We both do. I am so glad you moved here." He replied, opening the door after the doorbell rang.

"Agnes, what a surprise." Wanda said, coming out of the kitchen with her cup of coffee.

"I heard that you're having baby problems." She replied.

"Really? From who?" Vision asked, setting Billy in his crib as I set Tommy in his.

"My ears," she replied, laughing as though she had just told the funniest joke ever.

"Could you help?" Wanda asked, yawning.

"Why, of course. What kind of neighbor would I be if I didn't help you with the babies?" Agnes walked over to the cribs and took out some sort of sprayer, spraying the air around the crib.

"Okay, normally I don't be one to judge, but that right there is the scariest thing I have ever seen. And I've seen plenty of scary things." I whispered to Vision and he nodded.

We all looked away from the twins for a second, then looked back and suddenly, the crying stopped.

"Woah. They stopped. Why did it happen all of a sudden?" Wanda asked as the three of us walked to the cribs to find them empty.

"They're gone. Where did they go?" Vision asked as I turned around.

"Uh, turn around." I told the two, having them turn around and see Tommy and Billy as five year olds sitting on the steps, watching us.

"Kids. They grow up so fast." Agnes said, startling us.

———

"Auntie Violet!" Billy said, bounding up to me and dragging me into the kitchen where his brother was standing in front of the sink.

They had started calling me "Auntie Violet" ever since they could talk. Wanda and I had told them that I wasn't their actual aunt, but they still call me that because I have always been there for them. Over the days, it kind of stuck and didn't bother me anymore.

"Hey, boys. What do you have there?" I asked, coming over to the sink and seeing a white-and-tan head of fur poking out over the soap suds.

"Please let Mommy keep him." Billy asked, giving me innocent eyes.

"Oh, boys, if I could, I would. But this decision is up to your parents. Now, I would tell you it would be perfectly fine if you had a dog, but I can't make that decision. That is your parents' jobs." I said to them.

Wanda came in and the boys stood in front of the sink, trying not to look suspicious while they did so.

Wanda put her hands in her hips and looked at me, then back to her kids as the dog barked from the sink. "And who is the one who barked?"