01• Where Ya Been Cuz

𝑨𝒎𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒆

"So, how should I introduce myself again?" I ask God through the rearview mirror in my car.

"Just tell them you're their cousin," she says casually, as if they'll simply accept it.

I'm parked outside the pink manor that I've seen countless times on TV, now just a ten-step walk away. I thought I was ready for this, but the closer I get, the more convinced I become that the sisters will think I'm crazy.

"Do you realize that to them, I'm a complete stranger claiming to be family?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, but you truly are their cousin. I arranged it when I reincarnated you into this world. You have the paperwork to prove it. You are a Halliwell just as much as you are a Maverick. It's in your blood." God shifts her golden amber eyes away from the window to meet my hazel brown ones staring back at her.

As I gaze at her, I can't help but admire her ethereal beauty. Her flawless features, including her creamy white skin and long cascading brunette hair, make her look timeless. There isn't a single wrinkle on her face, as if time itself has had no effect on her. It's intriguing to see that despite her immense power, she carries herself with a laid-back attitude. However, I am well aware that beneath her calm demeanor, she possesses an extraordinary level of power that should never be underestimated.

As I stare back at myself in the mirror, I can't help but notice the contrasting colors of my appearance. My dark, smooth mahogany skin stands out against the backdrop of the long sweater I chose to wear tonight. Despite my best efforts to tame my hair, the long unruly curls cascade down, framing my face and slightly covering the tip of my forehead. It's a constant reminder of my mixed heritage, with my dad being white and my mom being black. While my physical appearance may not immediately give away my diverse background, it adds another layer of complexity to the challenge of convincing the sisters that I am part of their family.

I'm going to have to convince them that my black self is apart of their very white family. The only person of color I remember being significant on the show was Darryl.

"Why now, though?" I ask God, trying to buy some time.

"Because the sisters are just meeting Paige properly for the first time. You might as well introduce yourself too."

"Wouldn't it be overwhelming for them? They lost Prue not too long ago. This might be too much, especially for Piper."

I don't remember every episode by heart. I wish I did now, but I had only rewatched the show a couple of years prior to my death. I only recall significant events and characters. However, I do remember Piper struggling with Prue's death.

Didn't she undergo a transformation because of it? What was it again? And when did it happen? Was it right after meeting Paige or a little later?

"Just as they come to accept Paige, they will accept you in time. Now go." God gestures for me to get out of the car. "Remember, Ambrose. No one can know that you do not originally belong in this world. Especially the sisters. It could be catastrophic. Keep in mind that even though you do have some insight into the future, everything happens for a reason, and some things can't be changed no matter how hard you try."

"Wait! Does that mean—" I start to ask, turning to face God only to see she's gone.

I release a sigh, knowing she's gone and won't return unless she desires so. I grab the ancestry documents off my dashboard and start walking up the manor's stairs until I reach the front doors. I take a deep breath before hesitantly knocking on the door. I see shadows start to move towards the door, but all of a sudden, a gust of wind throws me back and busts the door open. I look up to see Piper, Phoebe, Paige, and Leo on the ground, staring at a grayish-blue figure with long grey hair whipping around its face.