"Err..." I muttered, but was cut of by Themis, who continued,

"Look at his eyes"

They all leant in closer, staring into my eyes as though hypnotised.

"It's him." said the man who had spoken earlier.

"Erm... excuse me, but can you tell me what's happening? Why aren't I in the fields of Punishment? Why was my cell wall made of custard? Who are you people? What.."

"We are the primordials." said the man sitting opposite me. While the other primordials looked relatively young, he looked much older, with grey hair and sad eyes.

I gave him a questioning look, and he said, "I am tartarus, primordial of the pit."

"No you're not, tartarus has a swirling vortex head!"

"That is merely the form I take when I enter the pit. When I enter my own being." he said bitterly. "This is my true form. I guess monsters inhabiting your soul takes its toll, doesn't it?

I felt a stab of pity for him. I guess I had never seen it like that.

"Who are you guys?"

"No time for chit-chat, you'll find out soon enough" said Themis from behind me. "No more beating about the bush. Percy, you have been selected by the Primordials to be given second life"

So, I'm... not dead?" I asked in confusion.

"No." answered tartarus in slight amusement. He continued, "Every two-thousand millenia, the Primordials are given the opportunity to select one being in the entire universe who died for the wrong cause. They would have to be a brave and noble warrior, with skill and loyalty. We would then train them to become the greatest fighter in the universe."

Woah woah woah. Brave and noble warrior? Skill and loyalty? I mean I knew I had loyalty, but in my case it was a bad thing.

"I think their must be a mistake. You've got the wrong guy. You must have mixed me up with someone else."

Tartarus smiled for the first time, and he didn't look threatening at all. It was a gentle, kind smile, rather like a grandfather would use.

"You see? This is exactly why we chose you. You are humble and modest, and you don't use or abuse the fact that you are the fated son of the sea!"

The fated son of the sea? "What? What are you talking about?"

The primordials gave each other looks of surprise. "You don't know?" asked Tartarus. He began to explain.

"About three million years ago, a prophecy was made by the spirit of delphi. It told us that a boy was to be born, sired by Poseidon, that would grow up to be the greatest fighter the world would have ever seen, or would ever again see again. But this boy would be unique to all other children of Poseidon. Though most children of Poseidon would inherit their eye colour from their mother, This child would have eyes that sparkled with the sea-green light of the oceans, more powerful than his father or any of the gods. This demigod would also be protected by a force that stops anyone removing strengths from him. We knew at once that this was you. Poseidon, however, had completely forgot about the prophecy, for if he had remembered it, he would not have dared disown you."

As much as I didn't want to admit it, things were falling into place.

"So you mean, that funny light that came off me when my dad," I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Tried to disown me, that was my sheild force thingy?"

"Yes." answered Themis from behind me. "It is also responsible for how powerful you were when you jumped into the styx. You gained almost three times the power you were supposed to, and though your invincibility was washed away in the little tiber, Your power from it remains. After all, your sheild force thingy is there for a reason. Your invincibility was only washed away because being unbeatable is not a power. It is a tool to be abused, and no-one should ever be given it." She smiled.