𝐇𝐑𝐂 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"She's..." Ginjima trailed off as he watched the girl that was hanging in the air.

"...flying," finished Osamu from the side, watching the girl in amazement.

Atsumu had a foreign emotion present in his eyes. "Damn..." He cursed to himself.

I can reach it! Her palm coerced with the ball, she used a bit of strength and slammed it on the other side of the court. The ball made a loud sound that everyone heard clearly. They stayed silent, not believing that such a small and shy girl did that. The line judge who was one of the (H/C) haired girl's classmates, dumbfoundedly pointed inside and stared at the smoke that formed around the ball as it landed on the corner.

Suna smiled proudly. Proud that they were seeing how amazing the girl was. Proud that (Y/N) was finally getting out of her shell. Fly, (Y/N). He blinked after seeing (Y/N) whip her head in his direction, his breath hitched when she smiled at him. He was about to say something, but the girl continued to focus on the game. He stared at her wide-eyed. His heart was about to burst, butterflies were flying inside his stomach, his face was turning hotter.

She smiled at me.

Did I make her smile?

Shit, why do I feel like I'm the winner of everything?

She just smiled.

So why?

He slowly crouched down so that the pinkish hue on his cheeks won't be noticed, he hid his slightly flustered face and sighed out a long breath.

What are you doing to me, (Y/N)?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Oh, Kita-san, invited you to become the manager of the team? That's great," Suna said while walking beside the shorter girl. (Y/N) was slowing down behind him since she was scared that she might make a bad impression on her friend's team. His yellow eyes caught some girls glaring at her, his normally deadpan look already scared them and made them run away from their spot. He scoffed and took in the girl's nervousness. "You don't have to be scared of them."

"I-I know, but..." He blinked as he gazed at the girl who was lifting her right hand that was slightly trembling, his eyes softened a bit in concern for her. "I know t-that your teammates a-are all good people, I j-just can't help but feel... small... in their world?" She said with uncertainty. "I-I know that it's just a t-trial, still... I-I want to help you... I feel nervous that I-I might not become a g-good manager," she admitted.

(Y/N) gasped and covered her mouth. "I-I'm sorry, I spoke too mu-" She was cut off when a hand landed on her head softly. She blinked and looked up at the source to see Suna avoiding her gaze while scratching the back of his neck.

"Just speak if you want to. You don't need to apologize. And about being a good manager, it's just like how I played volleyball from the start," Suna said while staring at the ceiling. "I sucked, too. I couldn't even receive the ball with my own two arms properly, I couldn't even spike the ball and score how I would like today. Everyone is bad at the start, and that's okay. You don't have to meet everyone's expectations everytime," he added.

"And you want to help, right?" Suna inquired.

(Y/N) nodded. "Y-Yes."

Suna smiled and removed his hand on her head to poke her cheek. "Then, that's enough." His statement made the girl tilt her head in bewilderment. "It just shows how you care for the team even without knowing all of them. One would usually take advantage of the position you're given right now, but you don't. I trust you, (Y/N)," he said and pinched her cheek lightly not enough to hurt her and make her uncomfortable with him. "Oh, sorry, did I say too much?"